Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jager vs. Gebirgsjager Waffenfarbe

Gentlemen;

Was there any official difference in the Waffenfarbe for Jager troops as opposed to Gebirgsjager? I have seen differing shades in references and on the web, but haven't got a reference book that spells out whether there was supposed to be a different shade of green for each. Any help is appreciated!

Don

Nope, exactly the same, with only the other items of uniform to distinguish them.

Comment

Bingo! Thank you, Rick!

Don

Comment

Waffenfarbe

To make it even more confusing, Schutzen (Rifle Regiment) troops in the 1940-42 period also wore the same hellgrun (light green) Waffenfarbe as Jager and Gebirgsjager troops.

Comment

Gebirgsjäger shoulder boards

As they say, one picture can tell 1000 words...

I am posting a pair of Leutnant shoulder boards, hoping that somebody can show also the Waffenfarbe on Jäger shoulder boards.

Ciao,

Claudio
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi

Some more Gebirgs green ... difficult to capture the 'richness' of this green with the camera today ... inside or outside!

Regards
            Paul

Comment

Bloody 'greens' will drive you crazy! Look at pages 308/309 in Volume 1 of Angolia's army series. There were three greens. First is the dark green used as a secondary color by the officials. The problem comes with the next two - Light Green and Grass Green. Greens in those two color classifications are, in some cases, VERY close to each other. I'll post the examples I have - hope it help, but I fear it may confuse some too.

First is this one with the FHH device for Infantererieregiment 271 ‘Feldherrnhalle’ or, later, Panzergrenadierdivision ‘Feldherrnhalle’. As such, the color is Grass Green.
              Attached Files

Comment

This color too is classified as Grass Green. (Kradschützenbataillone 3 (3rd Motorcycle Rifle Battalion)).
                Attached Files

Comment

But what is this one? Light Green for Jäger or GebirgsJäger, or Grass Green for Panzer Grenadier? If there's a way to tell, I'd sure like to know. Angolia's color chart make either possible.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Dave Suter (Sarge); 12-14-2002, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Now, here's another one I find confusing. Based on Angolia's color charts, this could be Light Green OR it could be Grass Green. He shows it a both, indicating that as Light Green it's Jäger or GebirgsJäger - but that as Grass Green it would have been for Schutzen until July 1942 and then Panzer Grendadier as a carry-over color.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Dave Suter (Sarge); 12-14-2002, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Forgot about my uniforms. Here's a Panzergrenadier dress tunic. That makes this Grass green.
                      Attached Files

Comment

And a Jager field tunic. This, then, is Light Green.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Okay, that's what I have. I'd sure like to engage in some discussion and hear opinions from those who know more that I do about that those two straps/boards I posted above are.

Like I said, these damned greens......

Comment

green waffenfarbe

Hello,
                            I know it's not Wehrmacht, But I'm having the same problem with this SS officers board, which green is it?
                            Regards,
                            Kevin

Comment

Maybe different manufacturer had different ideas on what was what and the soldier was stuck with what he got.Ive always seen the darker green on Gebirgsjaeger tunics and the lighter on tunics without an edelweiss or oak leave patch.But there is a Gebirgs tunic in the classifieds with a lighter green piping.I think the soldiers were at times confused themselves therefor we cant always rely on charts and such.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X