Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on Feldwebel Transport Shoulder Strap

Hi All -

I am considering going off the reservation and getting a NCO Waffenrock. Does this board look OK? My concern being that there is a lot of green showing around the tress, hence, was this one "promoted from the ranks" post war? The other issue is the tress around the cuff. Let me know what you think, and as always, any help appreciated!

Don
    Attached Files

I jumped the cart ahead of the horse - here's the strap:
    Attached Files

Comment

Don, the cuffs look 100% to me. On issue EM upgrades I expect to see the NCO tress to go over the cuff patches. I don't see any concerns with the amount of tunic material showing between the NCO tress and sleeve waffenfarben.

I don't have any problems with the strap either. I have seen and have owned several straps where the NCO tress looks a little sloppy.

Once you get the tunic look at the inside lining in the shoulder seam area and make sure it hasn't been opened. On an upgrade like this one there should be no reason for the seam to have ever been opened.
      AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

Don,

I own a cavalry unteroffizier waffenrock and the shoulder boards have the same substantial gap between the tresse and the piping as yours. Obviously just the personal taste of whoever manufactured the boards. Apparently, transport is a scarce in the waffenrock scene. Great catch!!

Regards,

Mike

Comment

I have a waffenrock for a Transportation Oberfeldwebel; the cuffs and shoulder boards match up pretty closely with what you are looking at. Interestingly, with this waffenfarbe, various insignia or piping on the same tunic may appear considerably different in hue under different lighting conditions. Under normal day light everything pretty much looks to be the same exact color.

Comment

Thanks, guys, for the pointers. I may go after this one.

Don

Comment

Hello,

tunic looks fine. Please show us more when you have it in hands

Comment

Thanks again, All -

Tim, I agree -

I have a piped Hauptmann's tunic for transport and the difference between natural sunlight and the house lights at night is unreal. Had I not looked it over in sunlight first I would have sworn every single piece of insignia was different - that shade of blue has an almost irridescent quality to it!

Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                X