Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer wrapper

Hello,

i've been offered this wrap in trade with another collector. It cheap and the insignia (exept for the eagle) is reapplied. The wrap was stripped when he got it. I wanted a wrap like this for while, but as i'm not familar with i'm asking the question- is it real?

Heinrich:
    I think you probably have a repro - Janke jacket. Stampings look repro (large, fat and hollow), looks like double stitching seams to the pockets of the lining and I am not sure I have seen the ends of the tie strings stitched on any original I have handled. The belt supports have excessive numbers of holes. Buttons are gray, not black...from what I can see...unusual.
    CSP

sigpic

Comment

A few comments on your jacket.

Uncommon to find that lining material on a jacket dated that late.

Draw strings can be finished off at the ends.

Belt supports can have any number of holes but rarely go entirely up to the underarms.

Buttons, as cited, appear to be atypical.

I would suggest caution on this example.

B. N. Singer

Comment

Hello,

thanks for the input. I think i'll stay away or buy it only for the insignia price.

Comment

I once owned a Janke panzer wrap and I don't think this is a Janke although it may be a reproduction. Janke is known for being the top of the line, or used to be anyway, in reproductions but one such as this, if it is not an original piece it should be referred to as a forgery and not a repro since it has been made to deceive. If it is newly made, could this be one of the eastern european products? It could certainly fool someone, such as I, who is not very knowledgible on the topic.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X