BrunoMado

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luftwaffe Officer's Fliegerbluse (Leutnant)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And just for comparison, I thought I would show my Haptmann example, here are a couple of shots, it does have a small amount of mothing, and a little staining, but a nice 'been there and done that' example with an original set of loops for possibly a DK.
    Attached Files

Comment

The breast eagle on my Haputmann example

Bob
      Attached Files

Comment

Another view of my Hauptmann example

Bob
        Attached Files

Comment

You have a beautiful example, Mike!

Warm regards
          Paul

Comment

Looks just fine to me. The material looks good, the lining looks period, and the insignia looks period. You specifically mentioned the shoulder boards: they look original and from what I can see from your photographs it does not look like the head seam has been opened and the boards appear to be sewn in nice and tight from the outside as well.

It can come live with me anytime.
            AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

Don't mind the local "experts", that tunic is a beauty

Comment

Both tunics are very fine

I love the label in your's Mike.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thanks to all the above for your comments. I will take your collective judgement as final.

Regards from Melbourne, Australia

Mike

Comment

Bob and Mike,
                    They are just beautiful. Bob knows that I have been very tempted to collect Luftwaffe items after seeing some of his collection and if I had the choice of any Luftwaffe items it would definitely be a Officers Flight Blouse.
                    Nice to see some quality militaria in Australia.
                    All the best

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Swan
                      I was very pleased with it but became a little despondent when a couple of local experts decreed it to be a repro. One of the reasons was the condition was too good. the other wasn't happy with the shoulder boards. Can't remember exactly the problem with them.
                      Any further conversaton with these "experts" is pointless.

Oustanding tunic.

Ray

Comment

At these days one is called expert very fast ...

Nice tunics by the way.

Comment

I totally agree, this is a gorgeous tunic (all materials this jacket is made off are spot on original) . Who ever called it a repro because if its' meant condition he's a plain ignorant.

Comment

Hi Mike, i'm a bit late adding my bit. Super Lufty flight blouse. You bought it from a very reliable source, you do not need to post it because of those "two local" experts. Alan buys the best and sniffs at the rest.

Comment

Thanks for the comments, Stuf. Alan has always treated me well so no complaints in that regard.
                              Your message is a little ironic as I've recently sold the fliegerbluse. Not because of originality concerns but to raise some funds. Also, I have another one, displaying a fair amount of service wear, for a Stabszahlmeister, with Afrika and palms cuff-title. It's on the Forum too somewhere.
                              As for self-proclaimed experts, I've a little more confidence these days and they don't carry quite as much weight.

Kind regards,

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Swan
                                Bob Lyons very kindly posted the pics for me, so I'll add a couple of details to save him acting as my secretary.
                                This came from Alan Beadle about 7 yeards ago. I was very pleased with it but became a little despondent when a couple of local experts decreed it to be a repro. One of the reasons was the condition was too good. the other wasn't happy with the shoulder boards. Can't remember exactly the problem with them.
                                Some time ago, I even sent detailed photos to Bill Bureau who markets Janke products. He replied that Janke don't make anything like this and said it was simply an excellent condition original garment.
                                I would welcome comments if anyone thinks it's not okay. I've noted Gene's opinion on the Bulgarian badge. It comes from Mike Heuer, it's vaulted and the details are excellent. I've read that the fakes are flat and details not so good.
                                Thanks for any feedback. One can never stop learning.........or making the odd mistake.

Regards,

Mike
                                Mike,
                                A excellent original tunic. I'll have to politely disagree with Gene on the Bulgarian pilot badge. Mike Heuer and I live in the same city. I've spent a lot of time with Mike in his collection room. All his axis pilot badges are/were beautiful original pieces.
                                Garth

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X