Ski Jager cap Badge for Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ski Jager cap Badge for Opinion

I picked up this badge last week from a friend of mine. It appears to be original, but with the state of copies out there its hard to be 100% sure. Just a few comments.Its well detailed with a nice patina. If you look hard you'll see what appears to be remains of a gold wash.I've seen this effect on some medals. There is some wear and damage. I'm guessing its storage wear because I don't think its ever been on a hat.

Heres a front view.

Any assistance is appreciated.Regards Jim
    Attached Files

Heres the back.
    Attached Files

Comment

I did find some pictures in several references showing the badge. This ones from the German language book on Ski Jagers- I compared mine and they are very close.
      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice original badge IMO

Comment

A good one in my opinion. The one in my collection is identical only with wear and age.

Comment

grenadierss17 and Diane,

Thank you very much for your responses. Regards Jim

Comment

Just a FYI there's also a second type of two piece construction, the ski being bronze in colour and soldered on to a jäger oakleaf.
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon orchard
                Just a FYI there's also a second type of two piece construction, the ski being bronze in colour and soldered on to a jäger oakleaf.
                Hi Simon,

Bob Hritz who I got this one from, also has the one you mentioned. Its a real beauty. He posted it before on the forum. Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X