Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tropical Luftwaffe blue 4 pocket tunic

Hello all,

As I finally joined Paypal, was able to join up and am now able to post a few bits and pieces, I thought this might be a good tunic to start with, it is a Luftwaffe blue 4 pocket tunic, well faded to a very orange tan colour, with the original blue still visible inside and under the pocket flaps etc, excuse the shirt (Australian army issue), and it is a repro tropical tie, but here 'tiz:

Bob
    Attached Files

And a photo of it amongst it's friends, I have a tropical belt for it, but it is with another collector, I just have to get it from him (it is promised).

Bob
    Attached Files

Comment

Handsome display mate! Glad you finally are able to post! Now put down that lager and the Vegemite on a shingle and show us some more.

For those who don't know Bob, he really doesn't like Vegemite, can't understand why, it being the national snack and all......

Think that he does like his lager though....

Happy you are with us Mr. Lyons!
      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Thanks John

Shocking isn't it, now the truth is out, the police will be around and have me deported for not liking Vegemite, I guess I can always bunk at your house!!

I was just in the FJ department adding to your post that Willi started, I guess I don't have to fill up your mail box now with all of my e-mails!!!

On a serious note for a second or two (hard for me), John has saved my bacon a few times (and Willi Z., has also improved my outlook too), and also a lot of dollars with a few dogs that have had to go back to their kennels, and apart from being a real good mate, is a genuine 100% top bloke!!!

(Note that I used the good Aussie term 'Bloke' for ya John !!).

Bob

Comment

Bob,
          Great to see that fantastic collection of yours. It reminds me of why I originally became interested in collecting German uniforms in the first place, those fabulous looking Luftwaffe uniforms from 'The Great Escape' and 'Hogans Hero's.
          I think we can forgive you for not liking vegemite (only just).

All the best

Mark

Comment

Beutifull collection I love the tropical luftwaffe tunic.

Cheers
            Jason

Comment

Thanks guys,

a few more shots with a bit of detail this is a close up of the breast eagle.
              Attached Files

Comment

Collar detail, and shows some of the fading
                Attached Files

Comment

lying flat
                  Attached Files

Comment

Close up of one of the two sets of original award loops
                    Attached Files

Comment

Shoulder strap loops and button, also shows some of the fading
                      Attached Files

Comment

One of the Uffz white piped shoulder straps.
                        Attached Files

Comment

another view of the straps
                          Attached Files

Comment

And one last view of the construction of the straps.

Bob
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bob, great to see you got the payment issues sorted out. It looks like you have lots of goodies there

I am amazed by just how much the tunic has faded. I really like it.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X