X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

luftwaffe breastEagle opinions please

Hi,

to everybody this is now my third Breasteagle officer version and it is
    different to the other both is it original?

Thomas
    Last edited by DONDon1; 04-01-2009, 03:02 AM.

the back
    Last edited by DONDon1; 04-01-2009, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Hi Thomas,

This eagle certainly doesn't follow any template design, does it? I think with the lack of individual wing feathers, no seperation of embroidery between the wings and body and the general sloppiness of the embroidery work, this eagle could very well be a reproduction. It certainly doesn't look like the type of embroidery work I would want to see in an original from back then. Is the backing material a heavy black cloth? I'll bet that if you were able to see underneath this cloth backing, you'd see excessive bullion threads throughout the entire body and wings of the bird and as I've mentioned before, a bad sign for me as to being repro from examining many originals? IMHO, it doesn't look like an original to me.

Regards,
      Gary

Comment

Well,IMO it's a original..,for 2 reasons.

1. In the picture it looks like the original cloth around the eagle has been eaten by moths or it was damaged in another way,the eagle + remains are glued,sewn..on a new piece of cloth,no ?

2.I like how the body part is done..,but I can understand the concerns about the wings though.
        Nevertheless we can find original eagles that are poor or simple in construction,just like many fakes.
        These simple eagles are very hard to judge.
        I've seen rather simple eagles on original sample boards which many people would give a thumbs down.

There're a few things I like about this eagle,but I would prefer a more convincing pattern.

Jos.
        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X