No announcement yet.

small collection cossack badges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carsten, I believe it is Cossack artillery I have most publications and while skulls are believed to have been warn very little is known, Darrell thanks, yes it is "100" marked

Comment

Thanks! I did a little bit of generally fruitless digging myself, but did find a Czech web page with a grainy photo of a Cossack standard featuring a similar skull:

http://www.sweb.cz/fremd/c20.htm

Carsten

Comment

Carsten, nice site many thanks, while I appreciate that they could be copys (the cloth cossack badges), the price I paid meant that they lost money also is it not the aim of forgers to make something that is documented as rare (thus making more money) to copy items that have never been seen seems odd, ah what a wonderful hobby!
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I never seen a patch like this. I suspect this is a fantasy item. The patch is supposed to imitate the "von Jungshultz" cossack unit formed in 1942, however:
            1. The shape is totaly wrong
            2. The unit never had artillery section (it did have 56 machine guns, 6 mortars and 42 anti-tank rifles to be precise

Best regards

Comment

There was one of these skul badges at the Birmingham Arms show 2 weeks ago on looking at it i thought it was a copy the construction of it was the same as yours so as several or moste of the items shown are copys i would be very sceptical of this groupe

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X