Gielsmilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shoulder boards buttons informations in the pre war time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoulder boards buttons informations in the pre war time.

Looking at my pre-war Feldbluses, I noticed that the shoulder strap buttons never belong to the same set of buttons that equip the rest of the tunics. I'm wondering if the Feldbluses arrived at the army depots from the manufacturers without these buttons and if the attachment of the shoulder boards buttons was an operation that the soldier had to do after having benefited of the jacket. Considering the use of buttons with the company number, it may be a plausible hypothesis ...
    Please, let me know what you think.

It would seem logical that specific unit buttons would have to be applied after the tunic was issued, whether done by the soldier or a company tailor.

Comment

Yes they did, but my question was if the tunics arrived to the army deposit without any kind of shoulder boards buttons

Comment

And who could know in advance where the uniforms would be distributed? Therefore, buttons with numbers were already sewn after being issued to the soldiers.

Comment

Originally posted by Stive View Post
          And who could know in advance where the uniforms would be distributed? Therefore, buttons with numbers were already sewn after being issued to the soldiers.
          Yes, it is quite clear that the number buttons were sewn after that the Feldbluses were delivered to the soldiers but were the Feldbluses produced without any kind of shoulder strap buttons? Not all Feldbluses were distributed to soldiers, so not all of them would need number buttons.

Comment

Hi Alex,
            Yes, I agree with the others that the shoulderstrap buttons were applied at unit level by the company tailor most likely. I just sold an unissued M36 from 1939, which did NOT yet have shoulderstrap buttons on it.
            Thank you and best wishes,
            Curtiss

Comment

Perfect Curtiss, it’s what i need to know. Thank you.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X