Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M43 combat tunic for review

Hello,

I would like to get other collector’s opinions on this M43 Heer combat tunic. I’m considering purchasing this, but don’t have a lot of experience in this area.

Thanks in advance,
    Thomas

The tabs looked to be resewn or replaced, the material under the collar can be unforgiving showing replacement, and the eagle sewn through the lining is suspect as well. Any closer shots of the straps? Just my opinion. Dave.

Comment

I had a similar feeling about that as well. I will ask for more pictures from the seller.

Comment

Hello Thomas,

Collar tabs and eagle are resewn. Shoulders straps need better pictures.

Comment

Thank you for the responses gents. I’m going to pass it up. I would think for nearly 1300 bucks, it should at least be all original and not restored.

Comment

Originally posted by athomas View Post
            Thank you for the responses gents. I’m going to pass it up. I would think for nearly 1300 bucks, it should at least be all original and not restored.
            I agree with all others, also the restoration is not realy nicely done. However I think it will be hard to find a untouched M43 jacket for 1300$ on todays market. If a tunic is original sewn in good condition prices are much higher.
            http://www.sandeboetiek.com

sigpic

Comment

I agree with all points in Sander's post above.

As you look for a tunic, bear in mind that a Heer M43 tunic's breast eagle can be factory applied through the lining. However, in this case it does not appear to be originally applied.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X