Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restoring Free Arabian Legion Tunic Completed

Hello,

Before 3 months I started looking for any Freies Arabien Legion Tunic modern picture on the internet, I did find one tunic which is a reproduction with Freies Arabien patch attached to it, I started to think if anyone did restore this unit tunic before? I looked more I didn't find any, I think there is no tunic survived the war with the patch attached to it, so I started restoration project since the unit estimated to be around 3000 men and there is no tunic until now shown in a private collection. and with a lot of your help guys I would like to tell you finally I did it, some collectors don't like reattached insignia and prefer untouched tunics, specially DAK tunics they are always stripped off, I didn't find any Freies Arabien tunic at all the internet and please correct me if I am wrong.

before one month I found stripped off tunic in really bad condition but in very good price and with other members help to identify it is an original, then I attached original Freies Arabien patch which I already have, then I found original DAK tunic removed eagle, then I attached it yesterday, so finally I did complete this project and I would like to show you my Freies Arabien Legion tunic & collection.

4E7A4236-B7F2-4C5B-B8E8-330D66F170CF.JPG

IMG_3769.jpg

As you can see the eagle is little higher than normal, because there are old eagle marks which showed it high and I didn't want to attache it low then the old eagle marks will be visible, so I just lower it down little so I can cover some of the old eagle marks.

IMG_3770.jpg

Hope you like it.

Best regards.
    Khaled.
    Attached Files

Well done, you did a good Job. Also your Collection is very very nice. I have seen in my 35 Years only 2 Arab Legion Tunics, one was rebuild as yours other one was a real one. Really nice work and great Display, congrats!
    WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Originally posted by AntiqueWW2 View Post
      Well done, you did a good Job. Also your Collection is very very nice. I have seen in my 35 Years only 2 Arab Legion Tunics, one was rebuild as yours other one was a real one. Really nice work and great Display, congrats!

Thank you my friend, I am happy you like it, Wow I didn't know that there is untouched tunic from that unit, I love to see it.

Comment

I would like to sheer with you also the same flag that been used with the unit.
        Attached Files

Comment

Great job and a very interesting collection to see.
          Keep up the good work!

Kind regards,

AW

Comment

Originally posted by Arctic War View Post
            Great job and a very interesting collection to see.
            Keep up the good work!

Kind regards,

AW

Many thanks my friend, am happy you like it.

Best regards.
            Khaled

Comment

Well well, nice done Khaled!
              Started with two Sonderverband 287 and 288!
              Still not in my collection, but I have the Turkistan ready to go for a tunic.

Regards.

Comment

Mabrouk. Well done and some nice displays you have.
                Regards
                Christian

Comment

Thanks for posting on this obscure formation. Of all the foreign volunteer organizations, this is one of the more fascinating.

s/f Robert

Comment

Great restoration and lovely collection
                    cheers
                    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by 9.SS. View Post
                      Well well, nice done Khaled!
                      Started with two Sonderverband 287 and 288!
                      Still not in my collection, but I have the Turkistan ready to go for a tunic.

Regards.
                      Thanks, my friend, I hope you find good tunic to attache the Turkistan patch, it will look amazing on a tunic.
                      Best regards.
                      Khaled

Comment

Originally posted by compressore View Post
                        Mabrouk. Well done and some nice displays you have.
                        Regards
                        Christian
                        Hhhhhh, Thank you Christian, Wow you know some Arabic words, I am happy that you like it.
                        Best regards.
                        Khaled.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
                          Thanks for posting on this obscure formation. Of all the foreign volunteer organizations, this is one of the more fascinating.

s/f Robert
                          You are welcome my friend, I agree with you this unit items are rare.
                          Best regards.
                          Khaled.

Comment

Originally posted by D Davies View Post
                            Great restoration and lovely collection
                            cheers
                            Dave

Thank you, Dave, Happy you like it.
                            Best regards.
                            Khaled

Comment

Great job Khaled! That is a very nice set up, love the flag too - I don't think i have every seen a period WW2 Arab flag. How hard was is to find one?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X