Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAK, NCO Shoulder Strap Opinions Please

Good day friends,

I have a picture of a pair of DAK Shoulder Straps that I'm thinking of buying. I would like your expert opinions on this first. I must admit that the straps look good, but I have been wrong before.

This is the only picture I have of these straps.

Thak you for your comments in advance. Steve

Something seems off with the piping, IMHO the backing material doesn't look 1000% like DAK greatcoat material. May just be the photo, but... I can't get excited about these.

Ray

Comment

Hi Steve, IMO, this strap is a post war "put together".

Regards,

Comment

Me no like
        WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Thanks guys!!

I'm glad I have you guys backing me up on these things. I'm so desperate for a pair of DAK NCO straps I would have bought them.

Do any of you know a dealer out there that has a pair of DAK straps?

Thank you. Steve
          Last edited by airborne_steve; 08-22-2005, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Check with Gerard "Relic Hunter" he seems to have a board fetish and is reliable.

Originally posted by airborne_steve
            Thanks guys!!

I'm glad I have you guys backing me up on these things. I'm so desperate for a pair of DAK NCO straps I would have bought them.

Do anny of you know a dealer out there that has a pair of DAK straps?

Thank you. Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Duck
              Check with Gerard "Relic Hunter" he seems to have a board fetish and is reliable.
              thats exactly who I was going to recommend. he has a few pairs on his site. check 'em out. Glenn

Comment

I am not convinced from what I see that this is a bad strap. I'd like to see some close ups of the piping, tongue stretched out top and bottom and the reverse.

The materials are clearly in the ballpark. The construction is a little sloppy, but again...not so bad as to make me automatically write it off. That's just me.

Regimentals is a source of some good DAK things. The son, Daniel is a collector and specializes selling this kind of thing from time to time...but VERY expensive.

Hope this helps and does not put you in a quandry now. I am just saying, I personally would like to see some more detail.
                CSP

sigpic

Comment

I actually agree with Scott. I dont really get deep into DAK items (but I think theyre cool) so I dont want to really give an opinion set in stone but I wouldnt dismiss them either yet. better closeups would be great, especially of the piping. Glenn

Comment

Good morning,

I have to agree with Scott, the moderator of this forum.

I don't see how these can be dismissed without having them in hand.

If the seller will offer an inspection / return privilege, you might want to give them a closer look.

Best regards,
                    B. N. Singer

Comment

Any close-ups available ? Especially the buttonholes.

Mark

Comment

Hi guys,

I have asked (emailed) for close up shots of these straps. I hope to get them asap.

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X