Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on drillich tunics.

Hi,
    I recently purchased a drillich tunic from a members website but i noticed that it doesn,t have any side pockets. My question is were drillich uniforms (white ) ever used without side pockets. I have only ever seen them with the 2 side pockets without flaps. I,ll try and attatch the front view of the tunic and also the makers mark for your asisstance.
    Cheers,
    DAVID
    Attached Files

makers mark
    Attached Files

Comment

I believe this is the Luftwaffe type, like the Fliegerbluse. The hidden buttons are another indication.

Chris P.

Comment

Interesting, thanks Chris. Would this type of tunic have the 5 pebbled buttons also like the Heer variation? At the moment it has 5 off-white plasticky (dont know the material, sorry) buttons.

Comment

Hi,

this is a LW work tunic,and the hidden,four-hole "plasticky" buttons, which could be made of glass paste and zinc as well, are perfectly OK!Further...you may want to know that the maker of your tunic,along with Anthon Weber, another uniform maker from the same town, Poppenhausen, for nearly two years produced drillich uniforms EXCLUSIVELY for the LW...oddly enough tunics and trousers from these Firms are not met very often though!
          Hope that helps
          Manny

Comment

Thanks for the extra info Manny. Sometimes you guys are just a mine of info and experience. This is what makes this forum the best in my opinion.

Cheers,
            DAVID

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
            X