Camo Jacket, genuine?.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camo Jacket, genuine?.

Iv'e had this jacket for many years and always believed it to be a genuine wartime made one. Made frome cut up Zelt's and done by regimental tailors. Am I correct in believing this, or is it a post war fake?. Any help, much appreciated.
    Regards Bruce
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

These are very tough to authenticate. Though I would like to see more photos, this one is not talking to me in any positive way. I do not see tailor quality worksmanship.

I have seen era field made camo uniforms. They just have a look that is hard to put into a few words.
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Something like this would just have to have screaming provenance. Pics of the German vet wearing it or the Allied vet who captured it. Otherwise I'd pass on it without too much pondering.
            WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Thanks guy's

I know these things are tough at the best of times. Here are some more photo's and info. The buttons are bone and look old. As far as I can tell there has been three different coloured stitching used in the construction. None of it glows under a black light. As seen in the photo's, there is a sort of flannel material used on the inside of the cuffs and under the pocket flaps. Where the sleeve joins inside the jacket, there is a strip of rayon type material, similar to that seen on the lining of tunics, to protect the wearer from iritation caused by the seem. Anything else you want to know please ask?.
              Bruce
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I like it, I like the flannel material. I can't see a faker using those types of scraps. But of course it is impossible to say with certainty when it was made. I have seen original field made items made with extreme care and skill and I have also seen some of abysmal quality.

Chris P.

Comment

IMHO, some these cammo tunics were field made out of wasted shelter quarters etc during the war. However, even more of these things were made early post war by local German tailors to supplement clothing shortages just after the war. I think this jacket may have been an early post war jacket? I'm sure the material is authentic.

Steve

Comment

Thanks Guys

I bought this at a Sydney Arm Fair a long time ago and got it pretty cheap. There was no story with it and the bloke selling it was not even sure it was genuine. I think what Steve says is very possible, but if it was post war made it would not have the badge loops on the pocket. Of course they could have been put there by the seller to make it more attractive and valuable. But I don't think so, for two reasons, one the cotton used does not glow, and two I only paid $100. AUD for it?.
                        Bruce
                        Originally posted by airborne_steve
                        IMHO, some these cammo tunics were field made out of wasted shelter quarters etc during the war. However, even more of these things were made early post war by local German tailors to supplement clothing shortages just after the war. I think this jacket may have been an early post war jacket? I'm sure the material is authentic.

Steve

Comment

Hard to tell..,one thing's for sure,it's not made with a modern sewing machine.
                          I do like parts of the stitching for some reason.

Jos.

Comment

These are always hard to tell based on pictures,even then they are hard to tell.

I know Tom Kibler has a field made one he bought from Jerome Blake which in my opinion is a one look original.

Glenn
                            "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                            X