Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on AK Eagle

Hi everyone,

I have been in the market for a AK tunic EM/NCO eagle. I found one for sale but I have to admit that I don't have the best eye for this kind of thing. Attached is a picture for your opinions.

This eagle description is: Tropic officer on flat wire style on tropic cotton twill. In very good or better.

Question did NCOs wear this type of eagle also?

Thank you for all of your comments.

Steve

Hello Steve,
    It really isn't a very good shot of the eagle but from the description and what I can see I wouldn't purchase this one if you want a standard em/nco tropical eagle. Most em/nco's and officers wore the same eagle on tunics which I have attached a decent picture of. If you can find one of these than definitely grab it. I am always looking out for them but they are hard to find.
    All the best

Mark
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Steve,

I agree with Mark. Those silver eagles are prewar early NCO types and are absolutely not AK-related. They indeed have a beige hue making them sometimes being offered as “rare tropical officer’s eagles”.

Beside this I think the picture has been enhanced in order to make the backing look more brown than it really is.

Below is an identical example with more realistic colors.

Best,
      Mark
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for all of your comments.

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
        X