A general tunic/ cloth question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A general tunic/ cloth question

Here is a tunic question I don’t think I have seen asked. A friend of mine emailed me photos of a striped down Army officer’s tunic to look at. I didn’t like a lot of things about it but one of the photos caught my eye. He had a photo of one of the French cuffs rolled back a little were you could see the raw edge of the cuff material. I noticed that the edge was not a straight cut but a zigzag cut commonly found in modern tailoring. I never paid attention to that before so I ran and looked at my tunics and they all had the material cut with a straight edge. Here is the question. Has anyone ever seen any period cloth items with the raw edge cut with zigzag type shears? The answer won’t effect my opinion on the piece I was shown but I though it might be an interesting question.

Nope. I have not seen the zigzag cut before. I have had about 40 tunics and pants over the years but never a zigzag.

Gary
    Originally posted by NTZ
    Here is a tunic question I don’t think I have seen asked. A friend of mine emailed me photos of a striped down Army officer’s tunic to look at. I didn’t like a lot of things about it but one of the photos caught my eye. He had a photo of one of the French cuffs rolled back a little were you could see the raw edge of the cuff material. I noticed that the edge was not a straight cut but a zigzag cut commonly found in modern tailoring. I never paid attention to that before so I ran and looked at my tunics and they all had the material cut with a straight edge. Here is the question. Has anyone ever seen any period cloth items with the raw edge cut with zigzag type shears? The answer won’t effect my opinion on the piece I was shown but I though it might be an interesting question.

Comment

Sounds like another quick check on a questionable Officer’s tunic. Fortunately the fakers still can’t get the linings right on these fakes. BTW, the tunic photos that were sent to me I am 99% certain it was a Janke.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
      X