No announcement yet.

Panzer Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The breast eagle looks like an original, but I think a replaced original because the quality of the hand-stitching leaves a lot to be desired.

The shoulder boards are probably original, but again, I think added, because they look like the kind used on a dress uniform (bright silver braid) and not a field uniform, which a Panzer wrap is.
    CSP

sigpic

Comment

New Pictures

This is a consignment sale by the local antique store for an estate . The store owner is in to medals and badges and has authenticated those on the wrapper. The wrapper beret , pants and badges are a grouping from the same German. The wrapper was used for parade, and it is believed to be a private purchase. The pants, and wrapper are relatively sized, and have the same feel and texture. The pants show wear in the seat area, and boot top. I have the grouping on hold pending your help in verifying. The collar tab piping on the under side of the seam is the original pink as the piping. The top has faded out. Is it possible the collar tabs were from a previous tunic that were placed on this one, when tailored?
      Attached Files

Comment

Interior- backing
        Attached Files

Comment

The ghost tab
          Attached Files

Comment

Under the collar
            Attached Files

Comment

I will post more pictures tomorrow.

Comment

Shoulder Board Clip
                Attached Files

Comment

The full tab
                  Attached Files

Comment

Button holes
                    Attached Files

Comment

The exterior loop
                      Attached Files

Comment

Belt loop and tie
                        Attached Files

Comment

Trouser Stamps
                          Attached Files

Comment

Trouser Stamps 2
                            Attached Files

Comment

The wrapper from the extra pictures looks fine to me, I and I'm sure many others would benefit from a hands on inspection but from the pictures, the set looks more promising. The fading of the tabs make sense as I thought they were original collar tabs from the start but the colour difrientation had me confused. This Leutnant was a DK winner as well, and for the price you told me, I would snap it up

But wait for Bob and Scott, or Wade if he's around (AKA Panzer) to comment first, they have a lot more experience than me, but from where I'm looking, it looks very tasty...

Kind Regards,
                              Tom

Comment

Ah, thanks a lot Tom. Aswell as Bob and Scott, I appreciate all your help. If anybody is interested in the Panzer Crash Helmet, E-mail me and I will forward you the contact information.

Cheers, Sean

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X