Luftwaffe formal uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe formal uniform

When Mike Heuer sold off some of his collection I put my mark on this uniform. I was with him when he bought it in Dallas several years ago and have lusted after it since then.
    It is a complete formal dress for a Major of Administration with original reverse order medal bar which would be proper for a formal dress. It also has loops for two pin back medals which did not come with the outfit.
    Hope you enjoy the pictures.
    Garth
    Attached Files

Close up
    Attached Files

Comment

Eagle
      Attached Files

Comment

Medal bar
        Attached Files

Comment

Garth:

Congrats on picking that one up. I nearly bought that exact uniform almost 20 years ago. As I have since switched to collecting army only, I'm glad that Mike and you have had the pleasure of owning it. A great item!

Regards,

Drew

Comment

It's too bad about the bar's staining. THe stains almost seem evenly spaced???

Comment

Nice pickup Garth , and I'm sure your enjoying that one. Mike had and still has some fantastic items from his collection. I was lucky enough to pick up a few items from him.
              Tony

Comment

Nice Garth

It is really an espectacular tunic. The eagle looks golden. Is that just toned? or is really golden like a General eagle?

regards

Juan
                Last edited by JuanS; 08-06-2005, 09:25 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by jcsanche
                  Nice Garth

It is really an espectacular tunic. The eagle looks golden. Is that just toned? or is really golden like a General eagle?

regards

Juan
                  Juan,
                  The eagle is an age toned silver thread vs. aluminum.
                  Garth

Comment

Garth,

As a collector of Luftwaffe, this is one piece I do not have(All I have are several fliegerbluse and four pocket tunics). Your grouping is beautiful! That medal bar adds a lot to the tunic!

Is the medal bar original to the tunic? You are right in your statement that these reverse order medal bars are pretty darn rare!

Best regards
                    Paul Reck

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Reck
                      Garth,

As a collector of Luftwaffe, this is one piece I do not have(All I have are several fliegerbluse and four pocket tunics). Your grouping is beautiful! That medal bar adds a lot to the tunic!

Is the medal bar original to the tunic? You are right in your statement that these reverse order medal bars are pretty darn rare!

Best regards
                      Paul Reck
                      Paul,
                      To the best of my knowledge the medal bar is original to the uniform. It was with the uniform when Mike bought it several years ago.
                      Garth

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                      X