BrunoMado

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OLC marked metal insignia, but what ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OLC marked metal insignia, but what ?????

Hi Guys!

I picked this up this insignia in a eBay lot` and found out on arrival that its marked with OLC triangel. But I have never seen anything like this so is there anyone who can ID which badge/insingia this is? The catch is in my eyes not typical WWII but Im only familiar with the OLC on war-time pieces, so Im curious what this is
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

In the same lot`this two pieces surfaced too, the cloth badge looks like a cap badge and I strongly suspect its not German, Im a right?
        Attached Files

Comment

The cloth badge have pieces of thread from being sewn on to something, so the pin on the backside have most likely not been used.
          Attached Files

Comment

I have seen the same OLC marking on postwar equipment items (hardware for Y-straps and rucksacks). Of course that doesn't make your items postwar but the marking itself does not necessarily indicate wartime manufacture.

Chris P.

Comment

Hi Carl,

Chris is correct, there are definitely post-war marked OLC items, including many Bundeshwehr berat badges. The hinge/pin/catch on the badge looks US style to me, so I'm pretty sure it is post-war. Exactly what, I don't know, but it's probably Bundesmarine or Handelsmarine. Is that some sort of top hook? It looks more like a breast badge than a cap badge though.

Regards
              Mike k
              Regards
              Mike

Evaluate the item, not the story and not the seller's reputation!

If you PM/contact me without the courtesy of using your first name, please don't be offended if I politely ignore you!

Comment

Thanks guys! I will try to post it in the post-war section to see if there is anyone who can ID it there.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X