are these German Navy buttons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are these German Navy buttons?

Hi there, I have got a handful of these buttons, but I am not sure where to put them timewise...? Can anyone help please? Cheers, Torsten.
    Attached Files

and the reverse with maker mark...is this Assmann??
    Attached Files

Comment

and two further Navy buttons...any idea???
      Attached Files

Comment

and the reverse..
        Attached Files

Comment

If these are not Kriegsmarine buttons, could someone please show me what Kriegsmarine buttons looked like??? Cheers, Torsten.
          Last edited by torstenbel; 08-07-2005, 02:15 AM.

Comment

they look like what i have on my dinner dress TK navy tunic

Comment

KM assman buttons. Cheers, -Mike

Comment

Hi guys, thank you very much.......so, this would make them KM Officer quality buttons? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

All buttons for KM were either officer or enlisted quality, theres no difference I have ever heard of. But, these style buttons were used by the navy for a long time, lots of pre-war buttons are around, late 20's early 30's, with different makers and stamps. The first button is typical KM, the other two I am not sure of, other countries used the anchor buttons as well. When you get into WWII, you will see more dated and stamped "kreigsmarine".

Comment

Originally posted by bergfurher
                    ... you will see more dated and stamped "kreigsmarine".
                    Well .... if they are marked like that, they are SURE fakes .... be it they are marked "Kriegsmarine" it's more likely they are genuine

MfG,
                    Bart

Comment

It looks to me that the first button you posted is a Bundesmarine button. Third Reich ones generally have a larger clevis where the cable attaches to the anchor. The other buttons don't look right either - very cheap and flimsy backs, design isn't quite right, and they could be just naval style buttons for kids suits or womens clothing or ferrymens uniforms. The anchor, clevis and cable of a DDR navy uniform button is closer to Third Reich than either of these.

Dave

much
                      Originally posted by torstenbel
                      Hi there, I have got a handful of these buttons, but I am not sure where to put them timewise...? Can anyone help please? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

David, thank you for your comments. Any chance you or somebody else) could post pics of Third Reich ones? I still do not know what they look like in detail?? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Sorry, I don't have a digital camera or the ability to post a picture if I did. I'll see if I can find a link for a good one though...

Dave

Originally posted by torstenbel
                          David, thank you for your comments. Any chance you or somebody else) could post pics of Third Reich ones? I still do not know what they look like in detail?? Cheers, Torsten.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X