Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maroon LW tabs

Good Evening,

I recently saw a pair of LW collar tabs with the traditional wreath and gulls of an Oberst. They were boudoux or maroon in color. The set was labled as a military justice(judge). I found these on a vendor's website. Unfortunately, I cannot find the site to post the pic.

My question is did such tabs exist or are they an item of fiction?

Thanks for your help

Paul
    Last edited by PaulR; 06-06-2005, 08:02 PM.

The Bordeaux/ Weinrot branch color was used by Luftwaffe

Hello Paul,

If the tabs had the standard gulls and not the three cornered pips these would be for Truppensonderdienst - Legal Officials. The official color is called "Weinrot" in regulations.

This "Wehrmachrichter" branch was created in 1944 by merging LW administration, Judicial Officials and Court Martial Officials and was instituted in the same orders that established the TSD - Finance branch using the Azure blue branch color made up of finance and accounting officials.

These branches were established very late in the war so not all officers would have been switched over by wars end.

A third TSD branch was planned for technical officials which would presumably used a black branch color but the war ended before the details could be worked out.

The order establishing these two TSD branches in the Luftwaffe was LV 44, Nr. 561 dated 25 APR 1944.

Sincerely,

Diane

Originally posted by Paul Reck
    I recently saw a pair of LW collar tabs with the traditional wreath and gulls of an Oberst. They were bordeaux or maroon in color. The set was labled as a military justice(judge). I found these on a vendor's website. Unfortunately, I cannot find the site to post the pic.

My question is did such tabs exist or are they an item of fiction?

Comment

Here are the maroon tabs I was talking about... What do you all think? I cannot find them in any book.

FYI, these are for sale and I want to be sure before I place them on hold. They look great to me, I have just never seen these before (waffenfarbe).

Here is the description:
      Paar Kragenspiegel für einen Oberst im Kriegsgericht Waffenfarbe weinrot. Getragen, Zustand 2-, sehr selten.

V/r
      Paul Reck
      Attached Files
      Last edited by PaulR; 08-15-2005, 11:08 PM.

Comment

back.
        Attached Files

Comment

Tabs look good.

Here's a set of the judicial insignia Diane mentioned with the triangular pips.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Suter (Sarge)
            Tabs look good.

Here's a set of the judicial insignia Diane mentioned with the triangular pips.
            Thanks for the photo Dave! That is one awesome set you have there! Bill Shea has a set for a LtObst for 450(Tabs only). They are the triangular pattern as yours are. I guess that yours are rarer because, if I am not mistaken, they came out in 1944.

Best regards
            PAul

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X