Thoughts about a couple of rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts about a couple of rings

I would like your thoughts about these two rings, althoug I already have my little idea about them. First up, TK ring.
    Attached Files

Same one from the back.
    Attached Files

Comment

This one is much more original and interesting:
      Attached Files

Comment

Same one from the back, and a thank you to Edelweiss for taking these great pictures of my stuff.
        Attached Files

Comment

I'm no expert! But TK rings were quite common in many elements, not only SS. I remember reading of an HJ boy who ditched his TK ring before the Russians arrived...

The hakenkreuz ring is interesting it seems to show the fascist symbol on it as well, neat item! Maybe Italian?!?!?

Wether or not they're original...No clue!

Comment

I am a bit suprised not more people gave any opinions on these rings (Where is Robin Lumsden ) . Here is an other photo that I think explains the design of the second ring, that I find pretty neat.
            Attached Files

Comment

German Italian Friendship ring

Hi JL, I only saw one the same as yours two weeks ago on a junk stall at a Vintage vehicle rally. It was in silvered brass but with the insignia in plain brass and well used. The guys Uncle brought it home (so he claimed) and it was with an "Art Deco" style non military ring as well. They sold for £15 to a friend of mine.

The deathhead one looks good to me too as I like the wear to the back of the ring and the colour of the brass.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

2 good known design ,original rings.. The TK was always in messing and later a pot metal with silver wash on them. 2 part, skull and band...
                They were available with either the skull or a West Wall design on the fronts and riveted the same way..

2nd ring was first sold during Mussolinis visit to Germany. It continued to be sold after. There were also a variant of the design that was very cheaply done in a pot metal with plating that was a WHW type item ring. Also a massive steel with silver plate and brass Fasci/Swas to the front that was a private purchase item.. , G.

Comment

OK, so it looks like both are good, with no problems. I take it the second one is German for sur. What about the TK, what are the chances of it being italian made?
                  Thanks for the replies guys.

JL

Comment

the TK,, to the best of my knowledge was German made.. BUT, it very well could have been sold by any of the Axis and occupied countries..., G.

Comment

Hey, guys, I am waking up an old thread. Does anybody else have any opinion about the nationality, and period these two rings were made? Does anyone have any identical or similar rings, particularly concerning the TK ring?

JL

Comment

that skull ring is a well known pattern.. There are many with good provenance. There are a couple period photos of it in wear,,on German soldiers..I'd say 100% original ,,and 99% German made..

Comment

Thanks again for your participation in this thread. Do you have one of the period photos available, so that it could be posted?
                          If I understand correctly, my ring would have had some kind of silver finnish on it at the start, but it wore off completely?

Since I am at it, here is an other ring I have. I believe it was made by the same local arabs as the ones who made the palm tree and swastica rings, exept this one has a plam tree and a mosque. Any thoughts about this one are also welcome.... I think it was just a variant made to be sold to not so nationalistic german soldiers, or maybe to italian or brit soldiers.

JL
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Jean-Loup; 04-09-2007, 06:08 AM.

Comment

The TK ring is a nice known original. There is an identical one in the museum at Stirling Castle (Scotland) that was taken from a German soldier in Italy. There is also a photo in Richard de Filippi's headgear book showing the same type of ring (but with ribbed shanks) being worn by an SS-TK NCO.

The swastika ring is, I think, simply a propaganda piece extolling the Italo-German Axis.

Comment

Here is a very similar one I have..............but with the ribbed shanks.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X