3 Major boards, a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Major boards, a question

Ive bought 3 new major boards or maybe a higher rank. 2 Artty and 1 Inf. The Inf. is a major for shure, but the Artty's have holes of pips or other atatchments on the back.

But here is my question: what kind of atachments? Because there are 4 holes above and 1 for a pip underneath them...:S so one pip for Oberstleutnant was attached under the 4 holes.

And on the last Artty. board there is one single hole in the middle, was it done more often to attach a pip in the centre of the board?

Best Regards, Sebas

Last edited by sturmman; 05-13-2005, 03:37 AM.

The one whit the 4 holes and 1 pip hole:

Comment

The one whit one pip in the centre:

Comment

Hi Sebas, I think you will find that the boards once had numerals and letters attatched to them as opposed to rank pips judging from the placement of the holes. This will explain the positions

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

I think your right about that! Also tought of that after i posted this and whathed the amazing collection of sarge!
          But on the one whit the single hole is indeed the same thing I guess just a regimental number!

Someone has some for sale for me?

Regards Sebas

Comment

I'll be interested to see how this thread turns out - I have a Pionier Major's tunic with Regimental numbers and a hole in front (toward the collar) of the numbers. A pip wouldn't make sense, but I am not sure what would...

Don

Comment

Mmm weird, and your sure there isnt a hole underneath! :S

Sebas

Comment

Hi Sebas -

Nope - just one in front of the numerals...

Don

Comment

Maybe a wehrkreis number or W or so or isnt that possible on pionier board I dont think so but thats the only thing that comes to my mind!

Sebas

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X