Officers Belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All,

East German was my thought when I first saw it.
    Terry Keller
    "ihr wollt doch auch das Blut vom Degen lecken"
    Rammstein

Comment

I would agree but it does have a swaz and eagle stamp,,I will try and get a clear foto of the stamp
      Iam Uncle Sam
      That’s who Iam
      Been hiding out
      In a rock and roll band

Comment

Don,

What is the buckle itself like on your East German belts? Anything similar to Dion's?

Paul

Originally posted by DonC
        My only thought is that the color on Dion's belt is identical to East German officer's belts - I have two. That does not mean it is not period WWII, but the color I have most often seen is closer to Demian's.

Don

Comment

Hi Paul -

It's the standard smooth metal Ossie officer buckle. I think Dion's buckle is good, or at least a good repro. Even the belt keeper on DIon's specimen is identical to my E. German belt - same "ridge" and everything. My best guess without it in my hands is a re-worked Ossie officer belt.

Don

Comment

very strange
            Iam Uncle Sam
            That’s who Iam
            Been hiding out
            In a rock and roll band

Comment

Hi Dion - What I see is that the prong holes look round, not oval. There is no provision for the cross strap. Since it is brown, I would expect that. If it were black (later issue) that would be OK. The keeper look stapled as opposed to stitched. The brown color looks off a tone.

The buckle looks OK to me.
              Last edited by Colorado; 05-14-2005, 05:09 PM.
              Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Originally posted by münster
                I also welcome Pauls input on the smell, whom said it smells like fresh paint.
                I know, my nose is not a good argument, but the belt indeed smells like fresh paint (not like leather). Plus, to me, the leather looked too thin and "cheap". Also the belt is not just very mint, it is just "too" clean for 60 years. I tried to believe that it is a "period piece" (and I tried hard because I really needed a belt and it was in my hands) but all these things together didn't let me I still think it is a recently made piece.

Comment

Iam lost on it Paul I need a break from it b4 people commit me for making them smell belts
                  Iam Uncle Sam
                  That’s who Iam
                  Been hiding out
                  In a rock and roll band

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X