• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what insignia do you think is replaced?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.S View Post
      what insignia do you think is replaced?
      Eagle IMO. I suspect the EK2 ribbon although it is not clearly shown. Possibly the whole tunic has been rebadged - no pics of the reverses of the tabs. The price also 700 pounds for an all original M36? Yes please.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiserwilhelm2 View Post
        . The price also 700 pounds for an all original M36? Yes please.
        Then you should go for it.

From the few pics provided, I think its stands a chance of being all orginal.

Comment

M36 NCO Eagle

I think the eagle has been reapplied a little low on the left I’m sure I can see a faint shadow above the left wing
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel.S View Post
            Then you should go for it.
            However I do not think it is all original.

Comment

Impossible to tell with these pictures... could be good IMO.
              http://www.sandeboetiek.com

sigpic

Comment

i would say the eagle is restored
                i cannot tell if the eagle itself is original based on the pictures as well
                cheers

Comment

Eagle possibly re-applied but the rest looks okay based on the pics provided.

Personally I'd go for it if it was a little cheaper considering it's full of moth holes.

Comment

Clear pics would tell the tale. Eagle could be replaced, better pics of that would tell for sure. Collar tabs look to be upgraded and quite possibly period done, under the collar shots are needed. Has a lot of potential but those moth holes hurt the value.

Matt

Comment

I think the eagle is replaced as well. Regardless, given the moth damage, I think the price is a bit high.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by DonC View Post
                        I think the eagle is replaced as well. Regardless, given the moth damage, I think the price is a bit high.

Don
                        For me the eagle is more an issue than the mothing - even with the mothing the tunic will display well.

As for the price if indeed the eagle is reapplied (IMO yes) in combination with the mothing than 700 GBP is indeed too high.

Comment

I own this tunic and my intention is not to deceive about the application of the insignia. In hand there is no ghosting or shadow around the eagle. However, of course, it's a matter of opinion as to whether it is reapplied. My feeling is it stands a good chance of being wartime applied; same goes for the collar tabs, which have been upgraded, no doubt, by the NCO for a better look. I will try and put some better photos up of the underside of the collar soon to help with judgements.
                          The tunic has some mothing but as commented below displays extremely well on a mannequin with equipment etc to portray an early war German soldier.

Anthony

Comment

A few photos - hopefully better ones - to aid some further analysis of the tunic.
                            Attached Files

Comment

A close up of the bird is needed and the back of the tab photo is out of focus and I would like to see the back of both tabs. Pics as they are do not really help. IMO that EK ribbon does not give the impression of having been on that tunic since WWII. Some pics of the reverse sewing of the ribbon also needed.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X