Opinions of named Inf. Obst. Uniform set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions of named Inf. Obst. Uniform set

I've been offered this set and would like some opinions. The M1921 tunic is named to Hermann von Oelhafen and has been researched by our own illustrious Rick Research. Apparently von Oelhafen was an Oberst in the Wehrbezirkskommandos or draft officer for the 3rd reich having only seen battle in WW1. Of interest is an uncommon maltese cross sewn to the tunic and the medals also appear correct to the officer. The accoutrements are add-ons and the set includes everything even the torso mannequin. A very interesting set. Shea also offered this tunic at one time. ---- I'm conflicted. Is it exactly what I'm looking for? No. But I don't think I can afford exactly what I'm looking for.......a named, researched Generals (any branch) rig and (at least) a DKIG winner. Well, I'm sure you know how I feel. I have to make a decision soon, please help, this glass of Pinot Noir hasn't helped me to acheive a moment of clarity!
    Last edited by Demianthedog; 03-12-2006, 03:14 PM.

Torso View

Comment

Shoulder board

Comment

Medals

Comment

Indeed a hard decision ... Looks like a neat tunic, the way the trousers and boots are displayed are HORRIBLE ! ! ! NO WAY AN OFFICER WOULD HAVE LOOKED LIKE THAT ...

To me ... if this is not what I wanted ... this feeling would never go away when I looked at the tunic. That is ... if I would not get a researched Generals tunic to put next to it. (Lucky for me I have one ...)

Not much help I guess.

Bart

Comment

Hi Demian

It looks like a nice piped (partially piped) tunic. It looks like you like piped tunics a lot.
            Why do you called this style of tunic M1921? It looks like a nice piped M-36 style to me.

regards

Juan

Comment

I have been collecting named items for time and I know how difficult is to find it.

I have owned even a General named tunic. It seems that this et is not exactly waht are you looking for. THis can be enough foryou for not keep it.
              But , please, think that it is a very nice set and you have the info of the soldier and that makes this s et very nice and worth.
              My advice is to keep it...aslo you would be able to sell it soon in the future easily.
              But I repeat you are lucky to know the identity and story of the officer!
              I hope this help!
              Victor.

Comment

The main difference between this model tunic and the M36 is that the M36 has patch lower pockets and this earlier Reichswehr-era design has internal lower pockets with just the pocket flap showing on the outside.

Chris P.

Comment

Decisions Decisions

Thank you for your input! Sorry I took so long to reply, mother's day weekend.... The display looks odd because the mannequin doesn't have legs so he appears a bit awkward with the breeches just hanging from suspenders.

It is an early tunic as noted. The lower pockets are internal but the flaps aren't slanted like some early models.

I'm still contemplating. . I'm running the gambit of emoticons!

Comment

It looks like a really nice tunic and I'd go for it. I'm sure the price is miles away from what a named and researched general would be. You can't go wrong with a fine piece like this.

Comment

Hermann Von Oelhafen

Dear Friend..... Did You Bought The Uniform At Last?...... Are You Finally Happy With It?..... Dop You Know Where Can I Get Pics Of This Officer?

Thank You In Advance....

Jose Antonio

Comment

FYI, the cloth Maltese cross is for the Johanniter Order - popular with "old timers" who would continue to wear it during the TR era even though it was officially frowned upon by the NSDAP as it was quasi-religious.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by Demianthedog
                          I've been offered this set and would like some opinions...
                          What is the price - this would help me to make a decision! It may not exactly be what you want but you will always be able to sell decent quality gear on in the future if you do find what you are looking for.

John

Comment

Just found that topic and it is very interested for me.

everybody read and check the follwing:

ISLABAJA are well known seller of the fakes.

Check out ISLABAJA other items:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6563289260

obvious fake

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...11%26fvi %3D1

another fake, also pay attention to shill bidding in that lot, because dulsegur is his another user id. check bidding history after dulsegur have outbided cmh2000tiger he simply cancelled bid.

Those pics which Nthomas showed - was item for sale of ISLABAJA- another fake from him.

He is used dulsegur for buying gromex items.

He is banned for selling fakes and compromising other Ebay users. He opened another account with ebay at the moment with 0 feedbacks. Be carefull with him. One friend of mine was burned by ISLABAJA and his money was not returned by ISLABAJA.

you can contact me for more info.

FEW MORE INTERESTING LINKS ABOUT ISLABAJA

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...r=asc&start=15

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=88657

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X