Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Political Eagle Desk - Opinions

Hi friends

could I have please your opinions about this bird? An original piece?

Thannk you so much in advance for time and help, cheers

no good

sorry known fake

Comment

Hello,
      as someone who doesn't know much about these desk eagles, can you explain why it's a repro? I have avoided buying one of these items because there does seem to be so many fakes out there? Is it the detail of the eagle head or feathering or the material? I thought the detail of it was pretty good but that's why I ask about some info on what to look for in a real as opposed to fake.
      thanks
      Duzig(Bill)

Comment

These are repro as the sculpting is not the same as established examples. The repro type like above has been sold by reddick etc. Have a look at the nuremberg styled pieces and you can spot the differences.

Mil

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
          These are repro as the sculpting is not the same as established examples. The repro type like above has been sold by reddick etc. Have a look at the nuremberg styled pieces and you can spot the differences.

Mil
          Hi Mil!

OUt of my league so I'll take your word its a repro and the "overall" design does coincide with the Reddick repro I bought as a bookend (& repatinated to match some Tiffany lamps I had) but IMO the detail on this bird is a hell of a lot better than on my copy (eg. check the feather veins etc.) and no RZM # on this one so it must be a better repro from another source

Take care

JC

Comment

Pictures have disappeared...?

Comment

Originally posted by rlimike View Post
              Pictures have disappeared...?
              Guess so...Funny, I thought that unlike in the "old days" where tons of great and usefull threads where stripped to nothingness when guys decided to take their toys and go home you could no longer strips posts or picts from threads anymore...

JC

Comment

What are the thoughts on this one?
                Attached Files

Comment

What are the thoughts on this one?
                  IMO identical to the original post one but in silver instead of bronze. As I said earlier I'll bow to the greater knowledge of those who know these better than me and say its a repro but if it is (a repro) I want one !!! I agree its the same basic eagle design as the one I bought from Reddick but the detail is sooooo much better.

Regards

JC

Comment

MIL
                    Originally posted by Jean-Claude View Post
                    IMO identical to the original post one but in silver instead of bronze. As I said earlier I'll bow to the greater knowledge of those who know these better than me and say its a repro but if it is (a repro) I want one !!! I agree its the same basic eagle design as the one I bought from Reddick but the detail is sooooo much better.

Regards

JC
                    JC, the one I posted the seller is asking $2500.00. If it is a reproduction it is an expensive one. The pictures are not very good & there is an ink stamp on the bottom.....Mil what do you say.

Comment

Mil what do you say.

who cares

Comment

Originally posted by TxGauleiter View Post

who cares
                        That's harsh. I would appreciate opinions from anyone with knowledge on this style eagle.

Comment

Here is a picture of one I have & it is definitely a repro. The details are very soft ...the one in the first post has much more detail to the feathers / veins. Does anyone have an original that they would be willing to post for comparison?

Michael H.
                          Attached Files

Comment

It is not the details of the feathers, etc.
                            it’s the fact that these are known fantasy pieces
                            And what is meant by that, is that this exact style was never produced.
                            Nice for a man cave
                            But that’s all

Comment

Originally posted by STLMatt View Post
                              It is not the details of the feathers, etc.
                              it’s the fact that these are known fantasy pieces
                              And what is meant by that, is that this exact style was never produced.
                              Nice for a man cave
                              But that’s all
                              I believe them to be reproductions not fantasy pieces JMHO.
                              Regards,
                              Michael H.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                              X