Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown flag/pennant...?

Hi all,
    I just stumbled over this pure silk table pennant(?), which seems to be quite old... However, the condition is excellent, with just a couple of tiny traces of (moth?) damage. What could this be? Is there any interest/value in such items...? It measures 240 mm x 150 mm.
    Cheers,
    Mike G
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mgidhagen; 05-17-2005, 10:29 AM.
    Mikael G.

Ok, I am aware of that this is the Reichskriegsflagge used until 1919, but has anyone ever seen something like it...? It is in near mint condition, but I am quite certain that it was not made yesterday...
    Best Regards,
    Mike

Originally posted by mgidhagen
    Hi all,
    I just stumbled over this pure silk table pennant(?), which seems to be quite old... However, the condition is excellent, with just a couple of tiny traces of (moth?) damage. What could this be? Is there any interest/value in such items...? It measures 240 mm x 150 mm.
    Cheers,
    Mike G
    Mikael G.

Comment

It´s the Reichskriegsflagge. This kind of pennant followed in use in Rep. Weimar and Third Reich. They still making this today. Normally they aren´t made in silk. If the damage is moth so it isn´t silk.
      I can´t tell you anymore without having it in my hands, but the rope don´t seem to be made before 1945.
      Best regards from Spain

Comment

I purchaced a simmilar one mid 1980s at the museum shop near the u boat in Laboe and i think they are still on sale as copys

Comment

Gentlemen,

Thank you very much for your replies! The pennant is definitely in silk; the "damage" is not moth damage, but the effect of some slight pressure to the cloth. It came together with a lot from a Legion Condor and LW veteran, but that doesn't necessarily exclude the possibility that the old man bought the small flag long after the war. (However, to what use you might wonder...) Oh, well, I suppose that it will be kept with the rest of the lot, as there obviously isn't any market for it!
          Cheers,
          Mikael
          Mikael G.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X