GeneralAssaultMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LARGE party flag - How much should I offer for this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LARGE party flag - How much should I offer for this?

Hey everyone, this large party flag is an estate sale piece, priced $1,000 OBO. I have no idea what to offer on this item. It was captured by three veterans in Nuremberg and signed by them. I haven't had an opportunity to look them up to verify their service records yet. But I don't think this item is a fake. Size is up in the air. One person I was working with who is not at the sale told me earlier it's 10'. Another running the sale told me it's 300x300 which I assume to be inches.
    Attached Files

IMHO they are asking too much ....unless I'm missing something.
    Regards,
    Michael H.

Comment

Originally posted by rlimike View Post
      IMHO they are asking too much ....unless I'm missing something.
      Regards,
      Michael H.
      Oh I absolutely agree they are asking too much. They get no commission and there's no reserve on this so I was wondering what would be "fair" since I would keep this for my personal collection.

Comment

Mmmm.

300 cm x 300 cm is roughly 10' x 10'

Its multipiece construction which is a plus.

Are both sides signed?

Its a $500 dollar piece at best. Offer them that, then I'll buy it for $600 from you

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Tampa View Post
          Mmmm.

300 cm x 300 cm is roughly 10' x 10'

Its multipiece construction which is a plus.

Are both sides signed?

Its a $500 dollar piece at best. Offer them that, then I'll buy it for $600 from you
          Based on the images they provided me it appears only the one side is signed, but I could ask. I offered them a bit lower than that because I explained the difficulty in displaying such a piece. This is assuming their dimensions are accurate. I'll see what they come back with

Comment

More photos. No papers, but is signed on both sides. It appears maybe there was a second hook at one point and it got ripped off.
            Attached Files

Comment

I may be out of touch with the market but if I saw this on a table at a show I would expect to pay $300.

Comment

Originally posted by CWP View Post
                I may be out of touch with the market but if I saw this on a table at a show I would expect to pay $300.
                They seem to be open to the $200-300 price point. Will keep you updated. Someone just noted the date on the flag is VE day.

Comment

Originally posted by CWP View Post
                  i agree wth you....EC

Comment

Sounds like they are $500 firm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by akriener View Post
                      Sounds like they are $500 firm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I bought a 9 x 9 from The Ruptured Duck for $450, in worse condition, with a printed swastika...it was not scribbled on however.

A decent , if not good buy, the days of finding a flag of that size and provenance for $300 we're 15, 20 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Tampa View Post
                        I bought a 9 x 9 from The Ruptured Duck for $450, in worse condition, with a printed swastika...it was not scribbled on however.

A decent , if not good buy, the days of finding a flag of that size and provenance for $300 we're 15, 20 years ago.
                        Understandable. I'm probably going to pass and throw that money at a dagger.

Comment

This article is truly excellent! You presented the information in a clear and logical manner, helping me gain a deeper understanding of the topic. suika

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X