M Kb 42 magazines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M Kb 42 magazines

Just sharing some pictures of my current ones. Some are not even close to great, but they work.

Nice stuff...the mag with the shorter grooves is interesting. I have never seen one like it. Why is it made like that?? Thx

Comment

Originally posted by Petroleum 1 View Post
      Nice stuff...the mag with the shorter grooves is interesting. I have never seen one like it. Why is it made like that?? Thx
      I can only guess what the original intent was, but the haenel magazines quickly had a metal spacer spot welded into that area so they must have had follower tilting or dirt issues and rather than keep welding in plates just extended the groves.

Comment

Nice collection, thanks for the pictures.

Comment

Great collection - really interesting to see that one with the short grooves -
          Would love to see some closer pics, I cannot enlarge the image for some reason.

I have two rusted relics (not Mkb42(h) just standard MP43/44) amongst my collection, bought off Ebay in the early days, and they work just fine without a hiccup in the MP44, too - lol.

For a magazine silhouette that has become so familiar, intermediate round hi-capacity, it it interesting to imagine how unique it would have been in 1942.

Comment

Close up's.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by STG44 View Post
              Close up's.
              I don’t have a haenel one... yet. But I now have one of each version of the walther.

Comment

Close up's.
                Thank you! Can you let me know how the follower and floorplate of this magazine is marked? I've recently seen one of these and couldn't find a source upon how these should be marked. And what value do you put on one of these?

Comment

Close up's.
                  Very interesting images - you can almost see the family resemblance to the MG13 magazine, here.

Comment

Originally posted by Promo View Post
                    Thank you! Can you let me know how the follower and floorplate of this magazine is marked? I've recently seen one of these and couldn't find a source upon how these should be marked. And what value do you put on one of these?
                    Follower just has a 37 Waffenamt (Haenel) on the spine & the floor plate is unmarked.
                    As for value, I'm not sure. I bought this one about 30 something years ago.
                    I have never seen another one for sale.

Comment

Follower just has a 37 Waffenamt (Haenel) on the spine & the floor plate is unmarked.
                      As for value, I'm not sure. I bought this one about 30 something years ago.
                      I have never seen another one for sale.
                      Is the follower plain or does it have a nose to keep the lock in position after the last cartridge has been fired?

Comment

Originally posted by Nigromontanus View Post
                        Is the follower plain or does it have a nose to keep the lock in position after the last cartridge has been fired?
                        Plain.

Comment

Interesting. The follower with nose is even found in some later fxo mags, so I would expect it in a prototype magazine. However, I take this as an early wartime mismatch, happened when the soldiers were sitting together gun cleaning.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X