Early Walther G43 Sniper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Walther G43 Sniper

Here is an Early Walther G43 Sniper all matching for review. It is fitted with a correct wartime "ZF4" sniper scope that is marked "Gw/Z F 4/54753/ddx". The seller is asking for $4,500. Please let me know what you guys think and if the rifle is worth buying at this price. Thank you everyone for your help!
    Attached Files

More pictures
    Attached Files

Comment

Need more pictures and information....Has a chance to be worth the asking but only if the mount is an original wartime manufactured one....If you're really lucky, the mount is original and serial number matched to the rest of the rifle.....Than would be worth more than the asking price...Bodes

BTW...It's a late war K43 made by Walther...The stacked manufacturer/date will add some value.....A dual lug receiver would too, but the mount is essential...

Comment

Originally posted by bodes View Post
        Need more pictures and information....Has a chance to be worth the asking but only if the mount is an original wartime manufactured one....If you're really lucky, the mount is original and serial number matched to the rest of the rifle.....Than would be worth more than the asking price...Bodes

BTW...It's a late war K43 made by Walther...The stacked manufacturer/date will add some value.....A dual lug receiver would too, but the mount is essential...
        One last thing....Some late war walther stocks were smooth, but some were really rough and crude....A sanded/cleaned stock will also adversely affect value...So you need to check acceptance stamps and see if they are still recognizable...Late war walthers will not have serial numbered stocks...

The machined action cover is also a nice feature.....Bodes

Comment

Walther made mounts generally had their proof (WaA 359) in the center....The spot where yours is would be the place where BLM or 'duv' proof (WaA214) was located....Yours also has early square mount features and no serial number.....Early mounts should be serial numbered matched to the rest of the rifle.....

Also yours clearly is not a dual lug K43....Bodes

Comment

Thank you so much for your help! I always really appreciate your help and wisdom. There is a stamp on the stock, it is on the underside, also the serial number is located there. Does this mean it was sanded if there are no proof marks on the side? With all the factors you mentioned is this rifle even worth the pickup? Or should I just wait for a better collector piece?

Comment

K43

Can you tell me what the Letter is following the serial number ?, and is there any E/214 proofs on the receiver , or any E/214 proofs anywhere on the Rifle? Also does this Rifle have all matching numbers ? This could be a very desirable Rifle if it is indeed a..... ac45 f block as the parts for this Rifle would have been sent to BLM for assembly in the last days of the war. Their are not that many ac45 f blocks even reported. The fact that you stated the serial number is on the stock indeed makes me think this Rifle could of been assembled at BLM as Walther did not serial # their stocks on late war Rifles. Check to see what the proof is on the stock that you mentioned. See if it is an Eagle over 214.
              Last edited by rick123; 11-30-2019, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Thank you so much for your help! I'm going to try to get more pictures and information. As of right now I have two more pictures. The seller is asking for $4000.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rick123 View Post
                  Can you tell me what the Letter is following the serial number ?, and is there any E/214 proofs on the receiver , or any E/214 proofs anywhere on the Rifle? Also does this Rifle have all matching numbers ? This could be a very desirable Rifle if it is indeed a..... ac45 f block as the parts for this Rifle would have been sent to BLM for assembly in the last days of the war. Their are not that many ac45 f blocks even reported. The fact that you stated the serial number is on the stock indeed makes me think this Rifle could of been assembled at BLM as Walther did not serial # their stocks on late war Rifles. Check to see what the proof is on the stock that you mentioned. See if it is an Eagle over 214.
                  It does appear to be an "f" block.....The BLM relationship would explain the machined action cover, serial numbered stock which were discontinued on walther ones (stocks) sometime late in 1944, and the WaA359 placement on the mount...Interesting rifle....Bodes

Comment

Hello, your rifle is a Walther receiver that was sent to BLM to be finished. These are refereed to as Dual Code Rifles. No acceptance stamps on the side indicate that it was never accepted meaning it was captured at the factory by the British that way. Very neat.

The scope mount is also original. It is a very early mount that never got serial numbered, probably a rejected mount. Early e/359 mounts have the stamp located on the right side. Shortly after it is moved to the middle of the mount. Very cool mount.

Also, this is not a sniper rifle. Merely a K43 that has had a scope put on it. Only rifles with matching scope mounts are sniper rifles.

Comment

What an interesting piece of history. Thank you everyone for your input. Unforutanly someone beat me to the purchase and bought it for $3000 plus and inland carbine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mp40Bran View Post
                        What an interesting piece of history. Thank you everyone for your input. Unforutanly someone beat me to the purchase and bought it for $3000 plus and inland carbine.
                        Shame you missed out.....I was thinking maybe you were dealing one on one with the veteran's family, but sounds more like with a fellow collector or gun dealer....Bodes

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X