Need help with K98 from 1937

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with K98 from 1937

Sorry for the bad pics from the seller. Decoration K98 rifle. Is it an Export model? Portugal? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

Hagen
    Attached Files

The base action is not an export model- it was mfg for the Wehrmacht. It was re- barreled but there are not enough photos to determine if it was post war done or wartime at a depot. My guess is likely post war. The stock serial numbers are post war- again not enough photos to say anything else.

Comment

I can't make out what is stamped on the buttstock between the take down disk and the numbers.....It appears to have the date 1937....AFAIK Portugese contracted K98k's all had the crest on the top of the receiver....Is the bolt serial numbered matched to the receiver?....Is stock externally numbered/ matched with with rest of rifle?....Bodes

Comment

Yes its the earlier portuguese contract Mo937, which was brought from army production S/42 1937 only, new portugal serial is on butt,was probably reworked twice. above the serials is weakly visible portugal crest and 1937 date. b.r.Andy

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB View Post
          Yes its the earlier portuguese contract Mo937, which was brought from army production S/42 1937 only, new portugal serial is on butt,was probably reworked twice. above the serials is weakly visible portugal crest and 1937 date. b.r.Andy
          Great help AGAIN Andy. Many thanks to Bodes and Zimmerit too. I will pass on it!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Comment

I've been looking for one with a crest on the receiver but like this one better!

Comment

The rifle should be ok, when matching on all parts, portuguese crest is on butt, the bayonet attached is S84/98 with postwar norwegian serial so no proper there.

Comment

Received the K98 and was glad to see matching parts. Any further informations are helpful. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Like mentioned the rifle is a Portuguese Kar98k delivered in 1937, the piece was probably force matched on bolt as there is letter p instead on n like on reciever, same as the buttstock was reserialed, there are 2 portugal numbers, one without visible prefix letter, the newer one is B5181, question is too the barell proof as 655 was used later as 1939, when i remember corectly, the Orion and 8x57IS is german firm who imported portuguese rifles postwar. b.r.Andy

Comment

Originally posted by AndyB View Post
                    Like mentioned the rifle is a Portuguese Kar98k delivered in 1937, the piece was probably force matched on bolt as there is letter p instead on n like on reciever, same as the buttstock was reserialed, there are 2 portugal numbers, one without visible prefix letter, the newer one is B5181, question is too the barell proof as 655 was used later as 1939, when i remember corectly, the Orion and 8x57IS is german firm who imported portuguese rifles postwar. b.r.Andy
                    Again a great help. Highly appreciated!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X