Cheap old German rifles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap old German rifles

I find these fascinating because of how cheaply they are made, yet practical.

A Geco Karabinier M1925 in 6mm Flobert and a Deutsche Werke "garden" 9mm shotgun.

They are both pleasant to shoot on my property.
    Attached Files
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

The Geco is in 6mm Flobert, yet it measures 5.4mm. Exactly the same as a .22 round. I have encountered these rifles in .22 Long Rifle, with the same 5.4mm designation. While I have lots of RWS 6mm Flobert ammo, I use a CCI .22 LR "Quiet" round which has the same 710 fps velocity as a .22 Short CB round. 40 gr bullet vs 29 gr. The LR and Short chamber perfectly, while the Flobert round is a pain in the butt to load with the sliding extraction system.
    Attached Files
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Attached Files
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

I had never seen one of these 9mm "garden" guns before, but when I found out the ammo was still currently available, I bought the rifle. I think I have ammo in both 7 1/2 and 8 shot. It groups all the pellets in a 12" circle at 10 yards. Very little noise.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...hell-box-of-50
        Attached Files
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Attached Files
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Attached Files
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Very interesting pieces both. Is the shot shell manufactured in the US? Also, any idea what they both would have cost originally in RM? Thanks for showing these unusual garden and living room defense weapons!

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
                I had never seen one of these 9mm "garden" guns before, but when I found out the ammo was still currently available, I bought the rifle. I think I have ammo in both 7 1/2 and 8 shot. It groups all the pellets in a 12" circle at 10 yards. Very little noise.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...hell-box-of-50
                Great little rifle Willi.
                My Dad would have called it a Rat gun (great for shooting rats in the hay shed.)

Comment

Can’t say I ever saw these two before. Very nice. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                    Very interesting pieces both. Is the shot shell manufactured in the US? Also, any idea what they both would have cost originally in RM? Thanks for showing these unusual garden and living room defense weapons!
                    Here is the price list on the Geco. The 9mm shot shell rifle is likely to have cost the same.

The ammo is listed on the link above, and is made by Fiocchi in Italy.
                    Attached Files
                    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

I have a 9mm Garden pistol which is a single shot made in France. It handles the Fiocci shells very well and is quiet enough to use in a residential neighborhood. I can't post pictures here but if you'll email me I'll send some.
                      Jim

Comment

I sure wish I could find a good supply of 6mm Flobert. I collect 19th century single shot derringers and parlor pistols, of which many are in 6mm Flobert.

Bob Hritz
                        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Very nice “signed” Flobert.....

of the 9 mm the Fiocchi also had in the catalog a shotgun version with small hunting .... I have a similar French Flobert....

it is my father's gift for my first birthday (my grandfather and my father were great hunters ... hares with hounds) ..... bought by a French friend of his already second-hand then more than 50 years ago, I therefore imagine a French recreational indoor target shooting of early 1900 ... 6 mm flobert rifled (I shooting with its thousand of 22 short rifle) ... its dimensions compared to a real carbine
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by mufasa; 06-27-2019, 11:50 AM.

Comment

details...disassembled
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
                              I sure wish I could find a good supply of 6mm Flobert. I collect 19th century single shot derringers and parlor pistols, of which many are in 6mm Flobert.

Bob Hritz
                              Bob, the retail price is about $75 for a tin of 100. In my area there are endless small gun shows, so when I see a tin for $10-20, I buy it.
                              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X