No announcement yet.

I want my Luger back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is very sad is that he died on April 27, 1945 and the war ended 11 days later on May 8.

Comment

As a whole, most of the bring back pistols I have seen are in nice condition. The ones that are worn slick probably got the most of their wear (and abuse) after they came back. The hardshell Luger holster did a good job of supporting the pistol and the muzzle end, side plate, and frame rails were the only spots that normally show much wear.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Peppers View Post
        As a whole, most of the bring back pistols I have seen are in nice condition. The ones that are worn slick probably got the most of their wear (and abuse) after they came back. The hardshell Luger holster did a good job of supporting the pistol and the muzzle end, side plate, and frame rails were the only spots that normally show much wear.

This is true, however P-08's generally in one way or another tend to have had some form of restoration done to them....Gets tough knowing which ones haven't been messed with.....Bodes

Comment

Originally posted by tharpo View Post
          What is very sad is that he died on April 27, 1945 and the war ended 11 days later on May 8.

My uncle was killed April 19th of '45, less than three weeks before the war ended in Europe....They always say, how do you ask somebody to be the last to die in a war whose outcome has already been determined?....Bodes

Comment

Originally posted by bodes View Post
            This is true, however P-08's generally in one way or another tend to have had some form of restoration done to them....Gets tough knowing which ones haven't been messed with.....Bodes
            Generally I have not found the GI bring backs for the most part to be restorations. It doesn't matter what you collect, knowing what is original and what is not is most important.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X