G33/40 945 sn.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G33/40 945 sn.

The serial Numbers for a 1940 production G33/40 945 is from 93-7135d from what I’ve heard. Now I got one with a 5 diggit number starting with 81...
    Who can explain this. The rifle have not been marked with POLITI (Police) postwar for the norwegian police.
    The bolt have not the same sn and the barrel is without sn.

Difficult to answer without photos. The obvious things to really check are:
    1. Make VERY sure that an old number was not scrubbed and new number stamped. Check font style and alignment quality in addition to any metal and blueing texture changes around the number. Hard to account for why a five digit number would be restamped however
    2. Make very sure that last digit is not in fact a letter suffix.unlikely as these are usually separate from number
    3. Check the stock number to see if it is also the five digit number and if so not a restamped number.
    4. Lastly I know some 945 marked receivers were recycled into carbines ether late in the war or most likely post war. The “when” was a contentious point when I was involved more with these decades ago and I don’t recall serial ranges but these were very rare. My bigger point being that you must look at proofing and a acceptance marks or lack thereof to figure out origin of the build

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X