Police Luger barrel replaced ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police Luger barrel replaced ???

I have a 1914 model DWM P08 SN 8XXX (with no suffix) ; and no chamber date. Pistol has been reworked at least once and has the sear safety and shows evidence of having , at one time , the mag safety. All parts are matching ; being numbered in the " military" style. About 85% " old " blue finish remaining. All former strawed parts have been blued.
    The main issue ( of possibly more than one !! ) is the 9mm barrel---- no markings of any kind. Starting to think the barrel is an after market later replacement (???)
    Thank you in advance for your input !

Originally posted by gagliano1770 View Post
    I have a 1914 model DWM P08 SN 8XXX (with no suffix) ; and no chamber date. Pistol has been reworked at least once and has the sear safety and shows evidence of having , at one time , the mag safety. All parts are matching ; being numbered in the " military" style. About 85% " old " blue finish remaining. All former strawed parts have been blued.
    The main issue ( of possibly more than one !! ) is the 9mm barrel---- no markings of any kind. Starting to think the barrel is an after market later replacement (???)
    Thank you in advance for your input !
    I assume that you have carefully gone over the barrel in good light and a glass. Does the breech underside have an alignment mark or some call it a witness mark? Same question for front sight base?

It was very common for Lugers re worked for by or for both police and military in the 30s and WWII to get new barrels but all that I know of have at least acceptance stamp and most have some type of firing proof and new serial numbers or bore gauge numbers can go either way depending on when it was done and at what level of facility

Comment

Might be a VOPO Luger...pictures would help determining what you've got there

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X