PO8 holster opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PO8 holster opinions

I picked this holster up at an estate sale. I don't see any maker mark on it. In the back I can see a faint dale 1916 and what looks like 08 most likely PO8. What do you think of it? If you need any other pictures let me know.

Thanks,
    Del
    Attached Files

Looks like a honest WWI holster. Are there any markings on the front of the holster under the flap? Sometimes you need to look close as they tend to ware out.

Bob

Comment

I ain't feeling the love. Can you show the buckle up close? Also a front view with the top open? Then the tool pouch open to show the stud..?

Comment

p08 holster opinion

Here are a few more pics of the holster & the clip that was in it when I bought it at the estate sale. There was a tool in there but it turned out to be fake. The holster is dated 1916 but you can faintly see it in the pic.

thanks,
        Del
        Attached Files

Comment

p08 holster opinion

more pics
          Attached Files

Comment

p08 holster opinion

last pic
            Attached Files

Comment

p08 holster opinion

Hi,

I posted the holster originally asking what you guys thought of it. It looked original to me except I didn't see any maker mark on it. It may have worn off some. In the one pic you can see faint marked 1916 & 08 I guess for P08. I was asked to post some pics of different parts of the holster & I did. As far as the clip I just posted it to show what was in the holster when I got it. It had a tool but that turned out to be fake. I just want to know what you guys feel about the holster. Any opinions?

Thanks,
              Del

Comment

Looks good to me Del.
                I would guess it's very hard to fake the wear, scuffs, suppleness and patina of the leather and the smell.....

Steve.

Comment

Look 100% real and original. Brown was a more common color for WWI but many have been dyed over the decades, but discernible as originally brown by looking down the magazine well on the side.

Comment

Del, This holster is a head scratcher! It has some very unusual features. The buckle..It has a very silver color/finish. Not common. The edges are rounded. Original period German Luger holster buckles are generally pretty sharp at the corners.
                    The tool pouch stud..a little taller than normal. Seems lathe turned which I like.
                    The belt loops..stitching does not come through to the inside! Not unheard of but not normal either!
                    P08 anywhere on a WW1 holster does not belong there.
                    The surface finish on the leather is exceedingly strange.
                    The pull up strap looks good..I will look it over closely again..I can't call it good or bad ...Yet. It's not a slam dunk.
                    I like the stitching under the closure..it seems correct.
                    I don't like that the belt loops have no angle but are straight up.
                    I don't like the overly wavy stitching and the fact that the edge stitching is so close together.
                    I don't like the magazine pouch being so boxy/roomy. WW1 holster mag pouches lie pretty flat and fit mags very tightly. WW2 holsters lie flat but are more roomy. Boxy is always found on fakes.
                    I don't like the shape of the tool pouch. Not the body or the top but the bottom edge..should never be square sharp and pointy. The Germans clipped the points on these.
                    I don't like where the date is or the weak impression. German saddlers stamped maker & date in moist leather for a good clear impression..even when worn it won't look this washed out. The date is NEVER found where this one is.
                    After a very close look..I would not buy this holster thinking it is original.
                    Last edited by Jerry Burney; 12-12-2018, 08:31 PM.

Comment

p08 holster opinion

Thank You for your opinions.

Del

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X