demjanskbattlefield

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geco .22 Modell 28 M - consecutively numbered pair.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geco .22 Modell 28 M - consecutively numbered pair.

Found one these rifles (Meisterschaftsmodell) several years ago at a show, and then about a year later at the same show, I found the second one. Both originated from different sources, but when I handled the second one (the one with the normal sights) I thought the serial number looked familiar, so I bought it. At home I found they were consecutively serial numbered!

Never saw any information on these until I purchased Bruno's superb book a few months ago.
    Attached Files
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

They look like Mauser Model 360s, and they have the moveable (along a numbered 11mm groove)) rear sight like the Mauser Model 350s also have. The removable front sight assembly is not like a Mauser however.
    Attached Files
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

The rear Geco diopter sight assembly is numbered to the rifle. The front diopter is also removable.
      Attached Files
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Very nice. BILL

Comment

Great job

Comment

Beautiful rifles Willi. Those rear sights are tough to find.

I had the same thing happen to me years ago when I bought a Walther Sportmodell from a dealer. A few years later, the dealer was selling the balance of his personal collection and there was the consecutively numbered Sportmodell.

Comment

Thanks gentlemen!

Yes Joe, these sights are very tough to find. I don't like the Geco rifles as much as the Mauser (etc.) rifles. To me the trigger is sloppy.

Sounds like you had some great luck as well! I can't even imagine how many German .22s there are in the US. I see them in Germany as well, but no where near the numbers as here.
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X