Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browning FN 1922 date and info requested

Hi Gentlemen,
    I would like to try and get the approximate production date and any further info you can give me on the markings on a Browning FN 1922 occupation made pistol
    The markings are as follows of left slide.
    (H) Fabrique National De Armes De Guerre
    Herstal Belgique Brownings parent depose
    WaA140 stamps plus usual eagle stamps on slide and frame and chamber.
    Serial number 207450
    Grips usual walnut Wartime occupation type. The pistol looks just like the other occupation made ones shown on this website, sadly I am not good at working out how to upload a picture but this one looks like all the other waA140 waffenampt marked ones you see.

What can you tell me about these markings please, what does the (H) mean, there is a small MR stamp on the left upper trigger guard recess. The serial number is without prefix a, b, c etc just number 207450 which I believe means it is pre may 1943 manufacture owing to the lack of prefix letter and 6 digit serial number? I appreciate any info or help you can give me to try and date and learn more about the markings as described. Thank you very much.

Nobody know year of manufacture from the serial number? Or what the (H) means, H for Herstal or H for Heer ( Heer is german for Army) as in Wehrmacht Heer.
    Any thought from experts? Someone must have some info please.

Comment

Originally posted by Siegfried1234 View Post
      Nobody know year of manufacture from the serial number? Or what the (H) means, H for Herstal or H for Heer ( Heer is german for Army) as in Wehrmacht Heer.
      Any thought from experts? Someone must have some info please.
      Guns without suffix were made until May 1943 when production had reached the serial range of 220000. By then it was zeroed again and an "a" sufix was added. Then I think that your pistol was probably made around March or April, 1943.

For further information I recommend Anthony Vanderlinden's book "FN Browning Pistols" (Wet Dog Publishers).

Comment

Thank you so much for the info, so glad to have a date on this now. Anyone know what the (H) means just a bit further to the left of factory name marking, this (H) is slightly further towards muzzle and sits left of the factory name on left side of the slide. Just a small H stamp with brackets around it?
        Thank you.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X