ammo used in a Sauer 38H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ammo used in a Sauer 38H

What ammo do people use in their Sauer's, and do you have any problems?

Here in the States It is .32 Auto. Not too many options of loads. Some hard ball, Winchester used to make Silvertips in this cal. Not sure of what you can find now, or over there.

Comment

Thanks I have access to .32 Winchester, just wondered how it performs

Comment

7,65 browning in Europe several fabricant
        For this caliber. Selier belot rws etc.....

Comment

Just a suggestion for caution if it has original grips. REPLACE them with aftermarket grips before shooting. The original plastic grips were brittle from nearly the get-go in production and frequently broke. Now with more age, they are almost guaranteed to break with firing.

The Winchester White Box FMJ may be as good as any if it feeds. It's a consistent medium load. I've had the best luck with European sem-autos with Sellier & Bellot.

Comment

tried sellior and belliott, they failed to chamber.
            Is it possible to put the magazine spring in the wrong way round or does it not matter. The mag is an origal Saue one and looks to be in good condition.
            Does anyone have dimensions for the magazine?
            Thanks

Comment

Magazine spring coils should align with the follower for best performance. It is possible to assemble them incorrectly, which could cause follower binding and misfeeds. If the gun's main recoil spring is weak it may not have enough power to strip and chamber a round. I recommend replacing springs on most vintage guns, including their magazines, before attempting to fire.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X