No announcement yet.

Estate sale finds today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely and thanks!!! Like I previously said you don't encounter so much in one place very often. A friend of mine was with me...who is a retired Navy Master Chief and former Police Officer told me that just down the same street he had gone to another Estate Sale several years ago where another gentleman who had over 300 guns and various parts and ammo that were being offered during that sale. So you never know what is going to pop up especially here in Texas.

Apparently this gentleman was also into gunsmithing and woodworking as he had some heavy duty machinery in the building behind his home.

Originally posted by scotty1418 View Post
    Seeing those full Thompson magazines makes you wonder on the gun collection!

Nice pickups!

Comment

Howdy Folks....I was not intending to hit any Estate Sales this week as I was planning on going up to Lawton/Ft. Sill, OK with some friends tomorrow and also attending a Militaria Show up near Oklahoma City. I just happen to peruse the list of Estate Sales here in Corpus Christi, TX and noticed one that stated in their listing of items a WW2 German Helmet but no photo of the helmet was provided so I decided I would hit it early in the morning to see what I could find. It turned out to be a WW2 Veteran Estate Sale and the Helmet was a nice Luftwaffe single decal and a lot of other items such as a nice canteen & cup and various other items from the Deutsche Reichbahn that I have never seen before. All the small items were in a small plastic bag along with Air Corps Veterans 9th Air Force Patch and collar insignia. I will let the photos do the talking
      Attached Files

Comment

Estate Sale finds...
        Attached Files

Comment

I probably need to move these Estate Sales items to another forum thread as it does not fit the bill under firearms...my mistake.

Comment

You got some nice stuff !!

Comment

Hope you did not pay $4,000 for the helmet

Comment

Originally posted by bgrelics View Post
                Hope you did not pay $4,000 for the helmet
                Sorry, I thought it was $4,000, not $400.00

Comment

No Sir...That would require a labotomy!!!

Originally posted by bgrelics View Post
                  Sorry, I thought it was $4,000, not $400.00

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
                    No Sir...That would require a labotomy!!!

Comment

Great helmet! Well done. B

Comment

You did very well that's a $750 helmet!

Comment

Looks like a nice helmet from what I can see. Congrats.

Comment

Nice armbands as well. Did you pick those up?

Comment

Yes....they were in the $30 plastic bag....I have sold almost everything in that bag for $210...my friend bought the Reich Bahn items and I sold the rest at the Heartland show in Oklahoma , But I still have the USAAF collar brass insignia set. I'm not selling the Luftwaffe Helmet and the 1943 dated canteen. All were 100% Veteran Estate pickups.

Originally posted by kyles bullets View Post
                              Nice armbands as well. Did you pick those up?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X