Need some help on a ww1 artillery luger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help on a ww1 artillery luger

Hy guys! Im a total noob on these but whas offerd this baby today, all the numbers match, it also still works... can someone tell me something on this type of gun is it ww1 or ww2 and what was it used for? Also i need some help on some kind of price range thanx in advance mates it would realy help
    Attached Files

Originally posted by wijtman01 View Post
    hy guys! Im a total noob on these but whas offerd this baby today, all the numbers match, it also still works... Can someone tell me something on this type of gun is it ww1 or ww2 and what was it used for? Also i need some help on some kind of price range thanx in advance mates it would realy help
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

artey

Yep' that's a WWI artillery Mauser Luger. Can't make out if all the serial #s are the same, need some closer photos of the sides and possibly the grip front Any markings there? Check the mag also should be stamped too. What are your concerns?

Comment

Originally posted by Allyn Booher View Post
            Yep' that's a WWI artillery Mauser Luger. Can't make out if all the serial #s are the same, need some closer photos of the sides and possibly the grip front Any markings there? Check the mag also should be stamped too. What are your concerns?
            Hy mate! All the numbers are the same, on the grip there is a long number
            U.r8210knr5

My concerns are what is a good price because i dont know anything about these

Comment

Not mint but Nice untouched one. Tipically a 1917. 1500/2000

Comment

Originally posted by Allyn Booher View Post
                It is not a Mauser Luger but rather an LP08 manufactured by DWM. By 1917 LP08s were being issued ten to a company to all infantry companies. They had morphed from their original purpose as defensive weapons for crew served weapon crews to offensive weapons for trench raiding and assaults.

Comment

Originally posted by Wijtman01 View Post
                  U.r8210knr5

Would you give us a photo of this marking you describe. On the grip....strap?

Comment

Is the sideplate matching? I cannot see the 27 on the sideplate.

Bob Hritz
                    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Honestly, in that condition which I would be pushing it to call 60% I would not want it for more than a grand.
                      It's an honest looking LP08 but very well used.
                      Nicer ones are just...well ,nicer!
                      Unless you just want a shooter I would find something in better condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Wijtman01 View Post
                        U.r8210knr5

I think that what you describe as a "long number" on the grip is a unit marking. Photos would help but I'll bet it's J.R.82.10.K.Nr.5. - Infantry Regiment 82, 10th Company, weapon number 5.

Comment

Originally posted by GWA View Post
                          I think that what you describe as a "long number" on the grip is a unit marking. Photos would help but I'll bet it's J.R.82.10.K.Nr.5. - Infantry Regiment 82, 10th Company, weapon number 5.
                          Yes, that is a unit marking. Adds some value too.

Comment

Originally posted by ValhallaMilitaria View Post
                            Honestly, in that condition which I would be pushing it to call 60% I would not want it for more than a grand.
                            It's an honest looking LP08 but very well used.
                            Nicer ones are just...well ,nicer!
                            Unless you just want a shooter I would find something in better condition.
                            AMEN!! Save your money for a nicer one. They are out there. On the other hand, the Unit marks are a big plus.
                            You never have to apologize for quality.
                            The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X