Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denix MP40 - opinions??

Hello all,

I'm thinking of buying a Denix reproduction MP40 and I wanted the opinions of anybody who has bought one recently

I read some posts here in 2009 saying they were pretty good but some later posts saying the quality had dropped off a bit

I'd really appreciate any opinions before "I pull the trigger"

Cheers

Calib

hoi Calib

i have an MP41 from Denix, bought bij Zib Militaria in germany

i find it a good piece for a good price

cheers Bruno

Comment

cheers

Thanks for the quick response Bruno, much appreciated

It actually was the ZIB/Denix model I was looking at

Would appreciate any other comments off other members

Comment

Hello Calib,
        My son Hans is a member of a WW2 Living History Association and he portrays a Grenadier of the 116. Windhund. He sometimes uses our Japanese built MGC 68 (MP 40) and it's holding up quite well for a replica that's almost 50 years old. Another member of his group owns a replica MP 40 and I think it's a Denix. Well, the sight hood and muzzle nut fell off, the bolt mechanism blew apart and the pot metal used in it's construction is severely corroded. So, the Denix? might be OK for a wall hanger, but not that great for getting down and dirty re-enacting. BTW, the MGC 68 (MP 40) will accept original mags, but the other replica MP 40 (Denix?) won't.
        Regards
        Bern
        Last edited by Bern; 01-12-2017, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Calib

I believe I would steer clear of the DENIX MP40. I have examined a couple and was not impressed by the quality. At present I have 4 MGC MP40's and two Marushin 40's in my collection. The Marushins are something to also steer clear of. Unless you like a model that is 80% plastic. I have (unfortunately) Converted one into a MP41 wall hanger and the other one is now a table lamp. I must say that the five Marushin UZI's models I have are quality pieces and take original magazines.
          I say your best bet for a quality and reliable MP40 would be the MGC.

Comment

I own several Denix (stg44, Thompson, Sten MkII, MP40, ppsh41) and feel for the cost they are well worth it. Shoei from Japan makes incredible replicas....all well over $1000. I have an Airsoft M-3 Greasegun that is very nice and reasonably priced. Ron.

Comment

Denix MP40 - opinions??

Thanks everybody for your input

I just ordered a Denix MP40 for 131 euros off ZIB, thought I'd take the chance for what will simply be a wall hanger

Thanks again all!

Comment

Have a look at the GSG blank firing MP40. It is worth to compare.

Comment

http://www.sa58.cz/novohradsky/

Comment

Having had both a genuine MP40, sadly long gone, and an MGC currently hanging on the wall I can say that the MGC is the best non firing replica, the metal construction is pretty close to original, although after a few years can take on a purplish hue. The receiver grip is plastic and not too bad, I have been told that an original bakelite one can be modded to fit. The stocks can get a bit saggy.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X