Colt Dragoon 3rd Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colt Dragoon 3rd Model

Hello All, Hope the holidays were great.

Colt Dragon own third model black power pistol .44 caliber serial number #11456
    working on this for a family member I have provided the best pics I could obtain,
    After a great deal of research and actually handling the firearm I have the following comments/concerns.
    The entire pistol seems to be. With honest age
    overall parts seem to be correct weight seems to be correct gone loading rod and moving pieces all okay as are measurements and dimensions.
    My concerns there is no Colts US patent on the left side of the frame as seen in almost all other colt Dragon Moon pistols
    there is a line on the cylinder which may be from billing for repair or refurbishment from the. Have not been able to see this line on any other example.
    My belief is that this is a private purchase firearms that was referred or repaired during its normal service period.
    As I am far from an expert in this area if anybody can help me out greatly appreciated furthermore if anybody knows someone who would be able to handle this particular post please let me know who to speak to has always thank you in advance
    General Putnam

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/world-...-model-664731/
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GeneralPutnam; 01-10-2017, 07:47 PM. Reason: missing photos

pics#2

pics2
    Attached Files

Comment

pics#3

Attached Files

Comment

Colt Dragoon 3rd Model

colt dragoon 3rd model
        Attached Files

Comment

Please take the sticker off of the grip!

Comment

dragoon

The proprietor of the establishment in which this currently located puts them on nearly every item. It Gets worse...when someone wins an item at one of his auctions when he has the, they remove that tag and wire on the item with a white china pencil. So you can end up with a m35 with a sticker and china pencil on it with lot number ect....its just moving volume through for him which I understand....my fav aspect is the numbers which make up a code on the sticker....he developed some sort of coding system, now cant remember who he created it, or what it means, yet he still labels away regardless...hes a really good guy.

outside of that any ideas on the pistol?

Comment

It appears on the underside on the pistol that there is some damge, maybe this blew up at some stage, in the area of the damage/hollow area it appears the serial number was stamped over. Any idea on whats going on with this guys
              Thanks in Advance
              GeneralP

Comment

I believe there are some issues with this "colt". There are similar serial ranged known originals on the internet you should look at before you buy this.
                Last edited by dhunter93; 01-11-2017, 01:02 PM.

Comment

pistol answer

Hello Gents Got an answer on this, fake and artificially aged, thanks for looking and your input,
                  General P

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X