No announcement yet.

A Schnellfeuer Presentation Pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The engraving on the barrel and extension remind me of the engravings I have seen on Spanish Astra pistols like the 400/4000, 600/6000, and 300/3000's.

Full auto's now go for big bucks, restricted or not, and so being class 3 does not take away the possibility - probability that this is a fake embellishment.

Comment

It is a "dealer sample" now - I don't think it can just become a "big bucks" transferable curio and relic machine-gun.

As such it is only a little more valuable as a restored shooter than it was in it's demilled state -

It is indeed a strange endeavor to use an M712 as a fake historical piece - unless it was a bring back that was fake engraved and then not declared before the amnesty '68 date and had to be demilled later.

John Robinson:
      Great history on the Graf Spree - thank you so much for sharing that I read your post with great interest.

This is a terrific site.

Comment

Captain Langsdorff, committed suicide with a Mauser Werke pistol, caliber 7.65 mm.
        The gun that is spoken of in this space, is a Mauser of artillery of the First World War, adapted, with false inscriptions and repacked ....

Comment

this is, an example of a weapon, similar, to which Langsdorff, took his own life, that same model
          Attached Files

Comment

the last hours of Langsdorff, are perfectly detailed by this author ....

https://www.panzerschiffadmiralgrafs...fakten-update/

Comment

Great story and fascinating 712. I have owned examples of both early and late iterations of the 712 and still have an NFA example. Having both gas and TIG welded many MGs for particular efforts to comply with NFA registration regulations I am interested in what is visible of the cut and repair in the pics of the gun. The seam of the cut on the right side is very slightly misaligned but of greater interest is that it appears the gun was cut with an especially thin saw. From what can be seen in the pic of the seam, very, very little metal was removed when cut, suggesting that the 'kerf' of the saw was extremely narrow. While the pics are not especially legible, it appears to me that the cut did not removed much of the engraving as the continuity of the engraving seems virtually intact. A blade with a wider kerf would result in a slightly shorter lower length when the parts were joined which could interfere with the correct fit of action frame into the lower. A last observation is that there is no evidence that the outside of the seam was welded. I can imagine that the metal removed by the kerf of the blade was replaced, TIG'd and then the engraving scrupulously redone but why is the seam still visible? Both edges of the cut and resulting butt joint seam of the cut is clearly visible. that is a nagging issue to me.
              In my opinion, this gun was deliberately very, very carefully cut with absolutely the minimum of metal lost to kerf, and the two parts butt joined and secured together on the inside walls, probably by a strip patch with silver soldering the parts together or possibly some similar technique, so as not to distort the engraving. There is quite a bit of "room" inside the lower and a patch could be inleted and silver soldered. Micro welding of the chamfered edges off the butted cut could have been done as well, possibly.
              The fact that the alignment of the two parts is very slightly out of true on the right side confirms that the lower was actually cut.
              Nicely done and the speculation that the gun was done post-war as a commemorative collector's piece is hard to deny. 712s were plentiful post-war as many came to the US and were registered prior to the end of the '68 amnesty as well as being imported after the end of the '68 amnesty as pre-May sales samples. So, making a commemorative 712 was an easy option at the time and quite exotic.
              Is is suggested above that pics of the restoration are available and if so, please post them so we can see what was done. FWIW

Comment

Schnellfuer

Regarding the Schnellfuer M712 Does any one have a late stock
                or know of one for sale any help acquiring one greatly appreciated.
                Please PM me any info, Thanks.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X