Use of MG08 in WWII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use of MG08 in WWII

My main area of interest is WWI MG08 & 08/15, but on occasions come across WWII images. For your enjoyment:

Great view of modified sled with AA set

Comment

More MG08

Comment

Very nice pictures...I have seen other pictures of MG08 in use in the Marine Coastal Artillery during WW2

Comment

The MG08 was a great weapon. When used in a static position it was more than up to the task in WWII. There are more fotos of them in action.
          Wilhelm

Comment

Originally posted by Wilhelm View Post
            ...static position...
            Yeah but not many of them in WWII. Don't get me wrong I love Maxims but it was a generation out of date, no doubt. Still a fine piece of machinery!

Mark, that first picture is odd... A lewis, Hotchkiss, post 1936 MG08, ZB or Bren... and something else looking like some kind of WWII anti-Tank gun. The K98 is without a bolt... Any more info on this picture? Looks like an over run position but with such outdated equipment, looks almost like a french resistance weapons cache. You don't see many Hotchkiss guns in use in WWII Europe.

Comment

Here you go... Static position!

Now if I could have just had them deliver this Cache to me! I think its left over from the invasion of poland... if I remember correctly.

Comment

Images

Matt the image of the soldier trying to pull his stuck finger out of the MG08 muzzle is 1945, in Germany. The soldier is a Pole in British battle dress. The description talked of German Home Guard utilising weapons from a museum in desperation.

The photo of all the captured weapons is a NZ WWI image. Yes an amazing pile of ''stuff'' - I am still frantically working on my time machine but so far have only managed to find 3 spare wheels!

Happy New Year.
                Mark

Comment

Museum Image

Comment

Great pics. I too am hoping for a time machine. How could they have known back then what grown men would pay for this stuff now.
                    Wilhelm

Comment

I noticed that the 98K Mauser in the first photo is missing its bolt.

I can't prove it, but I'm guessing that is a photo of my bolt mismatch vet bring-back 98K right there.

Comment

08 & 08/15 inter war and into WWII

Comment

nice view of the indirect fire sight being used.

Comment

Comment

1937 manual.

''Come on Hans - put your back into it!!'' Noting right arm 'offering' gentle friendly encouragement :>)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X