Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dewats

Originally posted by Laurence Strong
    Thanks Roy I will be in edmtn on Mon , but it will have to wait till next time being a stat holiday. I agree it wouldbe best to deactivate it, I have now where to try it out anywaysThanks to all

Laurence
    Laurence, you might want to make some enquiries before having that firearm dewatted. There is a possibility that it might not even be a restricted firearm. If it isn't, then you could get a Possession & Acquisition License (PAL) and still keep it as a shooter. I respect your position on the crappy piece of Liberal Party legislation (remember that on election day) and the sucking sound coming from your pocket as the Ontario and Quebec government (headquartered in Ottawa, and for some weird reason described as 'federal') take your hard earned money to fund a bunch of their whims such as the gun registry, but I would guess that, even if there was a major change in government, the program will not go away.

I know it's a hard decision, but good luck.

Comment

Just looked at 1 of the other threads here G41m, maybe I should just sell it and buy more medals etc instead

Laurence

Comment

importing a bren? maybe

I'm late to this thread but hello anyway, im not saying this is true, but let me propose this possible situation that I may or may not have... a friend in the Netherlands dug up a Bren gun, its in great working condition due to preservation in mud and water, its illegal for him to own, its offered to me for free, I need to get it deactivated, does that have to happen over there? or can it come into Canada and then be deactivated? I don't have a pal. any help is very appreciated with this situation that I probably do or don't have.

Comment

Just read this thread due to its reincarnation....

I just wanted to say it is a pity one has to go to great lengths to destroy beautiful pieces of history....and it seems no one even blinks an eye over it.

Comment

Originally posted by help W brengun View Post
            I'm late to this thread but hello anyway, im not saying this is true, but let me propose this possible situation that I may or may not have... a friend in the Netherlands dug up a Bren gun, its in great working condition due to preservation in mud and water, its illegal for him to own, its offered to me for free, I need to get it deactivated, does that have to happen over there? or can it come into Canada and then be deactivated? I don't have a pal. any help is very appreciated with this situation that I probably do or don't have.
            You could probably have a registered gun shop import it into Canada and then have it deactivated before turning it over to you. Of course, this service will not be free.
            Ralph.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X