X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ss ppk

blitzkrieg gsd,

There are some very nice examples here of SS issued PPs and PPKs. This should speed up your learning curve a great deal. However, please take note, there is one unfortunate exception.

Muzzle marked RZM #840312 as shown in post #10 is clearly a counterfeit.

Don

Comment

Don,

Thanks for pointing that out! The gun "840312" has been removed from this posting, so as to not cause any confusion with the other legit pistols shown in this pinned thread.

If you'd like to start another thread to discuss "840312", please do so.

Thanks,
      Matt

Comment

Don,<O

You were informed very quickly however, you are correct and gun #840312 is a fake with spuriously hand engraved muzzle numerals which rightfully has now been removed from this informative thread.

<OAdmittedly, I was remiss with my posting and I had asked Matt Weber (moderator) to remove my entry prior to your posting.

<OHere is my 1st. variation RUSHA SS with muzzle numbers which very well may be one of or the best 99+% examples known.

<OBest regards,

<OJohn<O<O> </O>
        Attached Files

Comment

Counterfeit

Mr. Pepera,
          I am glad that this gun has been removed to insure that it is not confused with the real thing. Your second RZM muzzle marked posting is beautiful and authentic. I hope you are able to receive a refund from the seller for the first bad gun.

As to the seller...if he was unaware of the false identity of this gun, he should be ashamed of himself. If he knew exactly what he was passing off or if he was the actual counterfeiter, he should be jailed.

Mr. Weber,
          I am glad that the serial number of this gun is still on this thread to warn new collectors away. But I do not think that a new thread discussing this counterfeit would be a good idea and I would not participate. There is an unwritten understanding between collectors of these guns that to discuss the particulars would only help the crooks get better at their business,

There was at least one issue with each digit of the serial number which alone would be enough to identify it as a counterfeit. Actually I prepared a list of eleven separate items making it bad.

Once again Mr. Pepera, I hope this all works out for you.

Don

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Over the past few months I have been busy collecting evidence in an attempt to confirm the existence of yet another previously unknown variation of SS Issued PPKs. I now believe that I have sufficient data to confirm this new variation.
              As the author of the Black Book, I seem to have become a clearing house for both new and veteran collectors who believe that they have come across new SS issued guns. This is a position that I am happy to occupy. I get first look at a great deal of new data, much of which is intriguing and warrants further investigation.
              This story begins with communications with Günter Prechtl, a well known and respected Austrian collector. Günter had come across a muzzle marked PPK, but one which was in an unusual serial number range . This particular PPK was #192 925 K and at first look appeared no different than many others that I had inspected. But what set it apart was that it was in a serial number range not before encountered. The muzzle marked numbers were obviously authentic, bearing all necessary criteria to make them so. While intriguing, this gun was unique at the time and in need of other similar examples to be anything more than an unexplained one off.
              The known variations on both sides of this gun were the Type 2 (commonly referred to as “Non RZM Muzzle Marked”. The serial number range for this variation ran from a low of #844 XXX to a high of 1 000 XXX. Please note that all of these serial number ranges are approximate since all issued guns have not been located, nor will they ever be. Those above the non RZM muzzle marked range began at approximately #206 XXX/K. These are known as “K under” since for the first time the K suffix appears following the serial number, but in the case of SS issued guns it appears under the serial number. If you find a PPK with a K under serial number, you have found one issued by the SS/RSHA.
              This leaves a hole in the manufacture of PPKs from the million series guns up to the K under #206 XXX/K. In the absence of any other discovered data, we were given to assume that any new guns found between the two would fall either into the Type 2 muzzle marked range or into the later K Under range. Now we know this not to be the case.
              Günter’s find has been fortified and confirmed by the recent discovery of two more “K Suffix Muzzle Marked guns”. Both are close in serial number to Günter’s and have been muzzle marked using the same set of dies. All three have been machine applied using the same font type and clearly meeting all other criteria determined to make them authentic.
              One interesting detail is that all three serial numbers have been applied to the muzzle with the “K” absent. I do not believe that anything associated with the SS was done serendipitously, so clearly this was a decision made and transmitted to the machine shop contracted to do the work by the SS. Since the work was intended to allow frame and slide to remain together, the K would not have been deemed to be necessary.
              The first of the two recent finds was in the form of a “Parts Kit”. These have been appearing on auction sites and are complete except for the frame. Apparently they are coming in from Europe minus the frame to get around import laws. Sadly this results in the loss of rare guns in the name of profit. This find has the proper muzzle marks and is #192 285 K. An interesting aside to this gun is that when reported and entered into my data base, I discovered that it was already on record thanks to Tom Whiteman’s orphan magazine list. So this one contains further confirmation in the form of the original matching numbered magazine.
              Now we arrive at the most recent find which is in the hands of a collector who prefers to remain anonymous for the present. The serial number is #192 083 K. His gun was located and purchased at a recent gun show. It was offered as SS issue but very reasonably priced to reflect its less than perfect condition. In this new electronic world in which we all reside, I was contacted via email from the new owners cell phone as he stood at the sellers table. I responded that it sounded good but that I would need to see photos to offer a better opinion. Within minutes I received photos taken with his cell phone and transmitted via email…amazing! The deal was made and the new owner came home with a valuable find. In the following photos, you will see that it exhibits a good original finish. Not collector grade (98-99%). But no matter, this one transcends condition since it is one of a kind in this country at the present time.
              I present these photos with pleasure and any comments are welcome.
              Attached Files

Comment

btt

Comment

Ppk

Here it is !! Thanks joe and phil ..! Can someone pin it again ?thank you.

Comment

Ppk

http://Her is one to add it came with a later ss mag number # 285290 k /2
                    Last edited by ROBCROWLEY; 01-23-2012, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Ppk

#2http://

Comment

Ppk

#3http://<a href="http://s1017.photobu...tobucket"></a> THE STORY ON THIS WHEN I GOT IT WAS IT WAS TAKEN OF A SS OFFICER..I WONDER IF I CAN FIND HIS NAME?
                        Last edited by ROBCROWLEY; 01-23-2012, 04:55 PM.

Comment

ppk

its well worn with holster wear but here it is with out the flash from camera as it looks much better inperson as i cant take a good picture to save my life.http://

Comment

ppk

with flash.http:// what/were is the best place to store your gun?

Comment

ppk

mine has the crown over N in a different spot..http://<a href="http://s1017.photobu...tobucket"></a>iam guessing when the numbers were being done they struck the crown over n on ballel as they missed the slide all together..
                              Last edited by ROBCROWLEY; 01-24-2012, 05:03 PM.

Comment

M

Mhttp://

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X