This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RSHA/SS Procured Walther PP Variations

Decided to post this up for reference. If anyone would like to add the serial number listing of the know SS PP to exist, please feel free to do so.

There are 6 know variations of the SS issued Walther PP with various serial ranges. I'll break them down for you:

Variation 1-
    Has the serial number on the muzzle ring. THis one I'm not sure what the ranges are though? Not enough of them.

Variation 2-
    Has serial number on right slide flat, with NO letter suffix. Full serial number on spine of magazine. High polish, "Crown/N" proofed. Serial range 977xxx-981xxx.

Variation 3-
    Serial number on right side of slide, with the "P" suffix BELOW serial number. High polish "crown/N" proofed. Serial range- 124xxx/P-125xxx/P.

Variation 4-
    Serial number on right slide flat, with "P" suffix after serial number on slide, frame, and magazine. High polish "crown/N" proofs. Serial range- 157xxxP-165xxxP. The Crown/N proofs start disappearing around the 165xxxP range.

Variation 5-
    Serial number on right slide flat with "P" suffix after. "Eagle/N" proof, High polish. Serial range- 193xxxP-204xxxP.

Variation 6-
    Serial number on right slide flat. (Walther adds full serial number to right side of slide on all PPs at or around 220xxxP), dull military blue finish, eagle/N proof. Full serial number is now on the bottom of magazine base. This variation has not yet been confirmed, but it would seem likely since there are late SS PPks with these exact kind of characteristics. These would be like the variation 7 of the PPk, but much lower serial number.

Matt

Pp p after

Pp p after
    Attached Files

Comment

PP P Under

PP P Under
      Attached Files

Comment

Here is my example of Variation 5, normal P suffix, eagle/N, with matching magazine.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here's mine. Sorry with the late post; just found out what I had.

Comment

That's a great looking set Bob. Thanks for adding it to the others here.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Weber View Post
              Variation 6-
              Serial number on right slide flat. (Walther adds full serial number to right side of slide on all PPs at or around 220xxxP)...
              Matt
              While it's not an "SS" my commercial PP has a full slide stamp at serial number 217902P...which is slightly earlier than the 220xxxP number shown in the descrption of Variation 6. This is offered to help identify when the change in slide numbering occurred. Feel free to relocate or delete this post as appropriate.

Milspec

Comment

pp

pp mag ..http:// these are just to show the different ones but not ss ...maybe someone can put this or pin this on the bottom of this page ..?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Weber View Post
                  Decided to post this up for reference. If anyone would like to add the serial number listing of the know SS PP to exist, please feel free to do so.

There are 6 know variations of the SS issued Walther PP with various serial ranges. I'll break them down for you:

Variation 1-
                  Has the serial number on the muzzle ring. THis one I'm not sure what the ranges are though? Not enough of them.

Variation 2-
                  Has serial number on right slide flat, with NO letter suffix. Full serial number on spine of magazine. High polish, "Crown/N" proofed. Serial range 977xxx-981xxx.

Variation 3-
                  Serial number on right side of slide, with the "P" suffix BELOW serial number. High polish "crown/N" proofed. Serial range- 124xxx/P-125xxx/P.

Variation 4-
                  Serial number on right slide flat, with "P" suffix after serial number on slide, frame, and magazine. High polish "crown/N" proofs. Serial range- 157xxxP-165xxxP. The Crown/N proofs start disappearing around the 165xxxP range.

Variation 5-
                  Serial number on right slide flat with "P" suffix after. "Eagle/N" proof, High polish. Serial range- 193xxxP-204xxxP.

Variation 6-
                  Serial number on right slide flat. (Walther adds full serial number to right side of slide on all PPs at or around 220xxxP), dull military blue finish, eagle/N proof. Full serial number is now on the bottom of magazine base. This variation has not yet been confirmed, but it would seem likely since there are late SS PPks with these exact kind of characteristics. These would be like the variation 7 of the PPk, but much lower serial number.

Matt
                  Doing some research on a PP I've been offered and stumbled on this thread. I know its old but if someone is still following it I have a question or two. Would an SS PP or PPK have a 359 proof also? The PP in question is in the 219xxxP range with 1 numbered mag and 359 proof not just the regular Eagle N nitro/commercial proof.
                  Thx ESU

Comment

no

Comment

Originally posted by Tepo911 View Post
                      no
                      Steve, thx for the reply. ANy thoughts on this one? Someones attempt to make it something its not? A friend mentioned a Luft contract piece but Ive never heard of a Luft contract.

Comment

Yes....Hi
                        There was a serial number block with numbered mags produced for a Luft contract. It's not something I follow, but you should get a quick answer on the P38 PPK forum. I do know that with military acceptance stamp it cannot also be SS.

Comment

Steve, thank you sir for your reply, I am checking on the p38 forum.

Comment

Check with Tom Whiteman of Legacy Collectibles......he will tell you in a heartbeat....also on the P-38 Forum.....cheers

Comment

walther pp pistol serial number 254317p

hi guys
                              good morning to you guysbeen folowing this intresting tread on wather pp and ppk pistols being used by the ss units wondering if one of you guys here on this forum can help me on my walther model pp 7.65 call crown n serial number both on slide and on frameon right side then on left side of frame and slide is eagle 359 proofed serial number is 254317p comes with lite colored brown holster eagle waffen marked apears to be eagle 359 under leather keeper is this to late serial number for being an ss assigned walther pp pistol any help would be greatly appreciated boy in this hobby we should never say never thank you for any help andy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X