This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAKE: KM marked low grip screw HSc

Another forgery has been brought to my attention by one of our members here, Peter (aka-"hochadler"), informed me of the is fake Mauser HSc that has been sold on the collector market as recent as 2009. I'll pin this thread up for every to read.
    Here are the photos and comments provided to me by Peter.

Thanks,
    Matt

ALTERED LOW GRIP SCREW HSc
    <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    This rare Commercial Low Grip Screw HSc, originally serial numbered 700220 (Photo 1), was among numerous pistols adopted by the
    Norwegian Police after the war. It was marked with the POLITI property number 5098 at the rear top of the slide and on the frame.

With the intention of greatly increasing the value by eliminating the POLITI marked slide and adding a KM proof to the frame, the pistol
    was altered to serial number 700228 and sold in the collector market.

Despite the attempt to remove the 5098 from the frame, the depth of the stamping prevented it's complete eradication (Photo 2). The serial number was altered from 700220 to 700228 by adding a cross bar to the final '0' then filling it with a whitening agent (Photo 3).
    A new 228 was engraved on the underside of the muzzle on a different slide to resemble the customary electropenciling (Photo 4) and the barrel serial number was overstamped 228 (Photo 5). Finally, the pistol was reblued and an Eagle/M poorly engraved on the frontstrap of the grip (Photo 6).

Beware...it has been sold and returned twice on the East Coast in 2009.

Attached Thumbnails
    Last edited by Willi Z.; 12-28-2014, 01:43 PM.

Photos from Hochadler

Here are the photos from Peter regarding this fake!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Willi Z.; 12-28-2014, 01:43 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hello!

The engraved EAGEL is a BAD Copy.

Regards Marine.

Comment

For everyone's interest, here's an update on the Fake -KM low grip screw HSc. I received info from another member that it appears it was sold again just two-months ago by Greg Martin Auctions in California for $3800.

Apparently, the buyer wasn't among the 1,660 viewers that looked at this posting...

Please know that this is not intended as a criticism of Greg Martin Auctions...but simply to keep everyone informed. It's still out there, and still fooling buyers.

If anyone knows of any sales in the future of this gun, please post it up here so all are aware of it.

Thanks,
            Matt

Comment

Too bad. A ruined gun now. 3800 bucks? I never understand how anyone lays serious money down without research.

Comment

Mauser HSc pistols

Always interested in obtaining new information on Mauser HSc's, especially serial numbers and procurement proofs for extensive database. Only that data is recorded...no who, what or when.
                So as not to dilute this 'Fake KM Low Grip Screw' thread, feel free to use my email: hochadler@msn.com

Comment

Bad copy it is, but i can see that this HSc has been used by the Norwegian police after may 1945, so this must come from Norway.
                  It has the Norwegian post war police marking on slide and serial 5098 on frame - so it was already "messed with"...

Records of the serial range for Norwegian police markings is 5001 to 5372, a total of 372 pistols...

Asle
                  Norway
                  Last edited by Gebirg; 04-15-2014, 01:24 AM.

Comment

mauser

I have an HSc,i've tried to look up the serial# on the Mauser web site can't find it anywhere Ideas? #3513_ _ it is a six digit serial i just did not post last two

Comment

Daniel, Welcome to the Firearms Forum!

The partial serial number you posted (351 3xx) is perhaps on a later postwar
                      Mauser HSc such as licensed to Renato Gamba.

That HSc is different from the Third Reich HSc's which started at 700 000 in 1940 and ended at war's end with 951 939 in 1945. The French occupation forces continued production with 952 000 thru approx. 971 240.

Postwar Mauser HSc production at the Mauser factory in Oberndorf began again in 1968 and ended in 1977 for the commercial market with completely different serial number designations.

It would be useful if you could post a photo of your HSc, or at least describe the surface markings.

Comment

Fake KM marked Low Grip Screw HSc

This reworked low grip screw HSc has now appeared again on the market.

http://poulinantiques.auctionflex.co...enum=1&lang=En

Comment

Peter,

Thanks again for bringing this to everyone's attention. I see that this auction has it listed at $400-$600, so perhaps they know it's a fake, and are selling it cheaply as a reproduction/enhanced item?

Matt

Comment

Fake KM low grip screw HSc

Over the last two days this pistol sold at auction for $3050....

Comment

Originally posted by hochadler View Post
                              Over the last two days this pistol sold at auction for $3050....
                              Evidently the buyer wasn't among the 13,000 past viewers...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X